Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Momma Loves Us....More

Is it possible?
Momma loves us more than ever now? Lol
She sure does.

We finally got down to deal with the pigeons. Lol. They are not happy. Let me tell you!

Went to moms building and first I had to speak to an individual I saw that I felt had been using my mom. Gave her an I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE UP TO kinda talk. Not gonna stand for it! Gotta look out for moms. If not me then who? lol Then, we went upstairs and got right to business. Reimbursed my mom for her travels to Niagara a few weekends ago. After all, she should not have had to pay her own way. I told her I would pay for her to go when I found out she was being charged. Love my mom. She always gives me a huge smile when I give her money. She is so cute. Lol Then, we changed our clothes, since Hazmat suits weren't an option, and got right to the balcony. Oh, but after we bagged our shoes to avoid getting them dirty. We had latex gloves too and bandanas instead of masks to cover our faces. I know, I know...I should have been wearing a longer sleeve and had something covering my head too. hahaha


Furman got right to it! He wasn't playin! Thank God cause I couldn't have done it without him. Hell naw! Lol. Years of pigeon feces with buried carcasses, etc. Yuck! It was soo thick and hard like concrete. The metal shovel was our tool. Thank God it didn't break.


We didn't finish. It's done for the most part but it got dark before we got to the bleaching and scrubbing of the floors and walls. But, the crap got cleaned up (you can see the floor) and the balcony got netted. Furman did an awesome job! Pigeons can't chill on the railing anymore. OMG.... You should have seen how many pigeons were circling while we worked. It's like they called their friends too. Almost like a swarm. Ok ok not quite. But, at the end of the day we got it dealt with despite our pigeon fan club. Looks amazing compared to what we started with. Furman did most of the work naturally. Like I said...an awesome job!  Love my husband. I was on the garbage chute run lol. 5 garbage bags full back and forth. Those bags were heavy. Like concrete I said! We didn't end up working with the suggested owls. We figured we'd start with what we did and see how that works out. Looking at the owls the thought was how to mount them and concern about them falling over the balcony onto someone's head or something. lol

When we were all done we sat and chatted with my mom and a couple of her friends for a bit. I don't remember how it came up but mom ended up showing me a printout of the bottom part of my So Special-Winning blog that someone gave her to read. Hmmm? Wonder who? Why? I guess they wanted my mom to know how special she made me feel on a particular day. That was nice of them. But, I'm pretty sure I told her. I tell her all the time. She asked me if I wrote it and when I told her "yes" she said "you should be a writer". All she said. Bahahahaha Love my mom. She loves my writing! What a compliment. But gheez...I never considered giving my mom some reading material. Lmao I mean I can, because I got a bunch. She would be shocked. Then again, maybe not. Guess I figured she should be focussing on other things. Maybe another time, when she has been well for a longer period of time. I save everything anyways. "I should be a writer!". Gotta love it. Too funny. I'm not sure if that was the response I was supposed to get. Womp womp. So... If the person that shared my writing with my mom is reading my blog... Thank you kindly. That was dirty nice of you. Something else my mom now loves. I got another fan. She never knew her baby was so talented. Now, she does.

Anyways, like Arnold Schwarzenegger says "I'll be back!". Lol. We will. We gotta finish the scrubbing and bleaching of the balcony so mom can hang out there if she chooses and leave the windows open when she smokes. Yup...trying to encourage her new hangout spot. That way, when I come to visit I can breathe. So, mom sent us on our way with the usual bag of gifts. I swear I cannot leave my moms house without her giving me something. I took it and ran...it was late, and we still had to stop by Auntie on the way up. Opened my bag when I got home. What did she give me? No clothes this time. Thank God. Haha. Little stuff. Hand sanitizer (Boy did we need that after today's job with the pigeons), lotion, some metal plant thing that I can probably use for something other than it was probably intended for. And, some little flower pot with a piece of planting paper wrapped in tulle. Smh. Looking at it in more detail...Is there something missing? Did she dig out all the candy or something? She said she brought it for me. Oh mom! I'm not much of a planter even if its just a piece of paper that you cover with soil (not included). Mom ALWAYS thinks of me. So much so that she wrote my name on a gift card just like she writes my name on her lottery tickets. Go figure. Oh.....and she even sent me home with a bottle of coke. Yup! She loves her coke so to part with a bottle because she is giving one to me is special. Lol. I'll have to remember to bring her some back in cans or something when we go to finish the balcony. Lol I'll take an after picture then because it was too dark to take a photo of our almost finished product.

We had a great evening. The cleanup wasn't as bad as we thought. Furman is my Hero! Mom is my Star! And Auntie...she fed us after all of our hard work. Gotta love my Auntie! We filled our bellies and then rushed home to watch Young and the Restless. hahahaha  Seriously!! We are all caught up in Phyllis' demise. She had it coming. Karma I tell you! People always forget about Karma!



2 comments:

  1. First off, let me start this off by saying THANK YOU for being YOU.  Reading your blog is always a pleasure and I love that you put so much HONEST emotion and TRUTH into it.  Now let me get into a couple things  not only about this post, but about others and their corresponding comments from readers.  
     
    1.  Everyone knows how I love my Auntie J, and I know she is always so proud of all that you do and say.  Hell, she tells me all the time how you are her angel and how there are too many warlocks trying to pretend to care about her.  Gotta love Auntie when she's speaking the truth.  So I thank you for handling her pigeon situation and for always being her rock at ALL times and not only the bad times. 
     
    2.  Heard through the grapevine that you now have readers all over the place.  That's great, it means other people are reading  about what goes on in your world, and how you are continuing to grow as a person, a writer, a mother, daughter,  wife, runner etc.....  Truly shows how all those years of University really can make the difference.  Too bad not everyone has the ability to express themselves in such a positive way.  You always turn a bad situation into a good one, and to me, that is truly inspirational.
     
    3.  Also  enjoyed the part about people who are also reading your blog and attempting to use it to their advantage in a malicious manner.  Wow, too bad that never works out for them.  I find it funny that someone would give my amazing Auntie a copy thinking that it in some way would impact how she feels and sees you through her eyes.  Clearly, they know nothing about Auntie J at all. 
     
    4.   The pot you posted without the soil, I wouldn't recommend potting anything in that container.  It looks small and probably wouldn't allow anything you plant in it to reach it's full potential.  Better to start off in a larger container that plants will enjoy and will flourish more.  Something that small will only stifle the roots and kill the plant that you're trying to grow. 
     
     
    This part is specifically for the person or persons that felt it necessary to attempt a malicious act by giving Auntie J a copy of the blog and which clearly backfired.   Clearly your MALICIOUS ways will never affect or impact the love and respect that Auntie has for her ANGEL.  Not gonna happen.  Deal with it, get over it, live with it, GROW UP and MOVE ON.   
     
    Damn WARLOCKS (Auntie's word by the way), I tell ya, always trying to mess with Auntie J.  Good thing she has her chosen ANGELS around her. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words.
      I'd like to think that the sharing of my post wasn't malicious at all. After all, I'm not making up stories, I express my truth and how I feel about things. My good, bad and ugly. lol Anyone who doesn't like my ramblings does not have to read. But, my intentions are to share how i'm feeling at a particular time, anything we are going through, things that I find funny, etc. You care you care, you don't you don't. I'm not perfect...and everything isn't going to be all rosie but readers have already given feedback about not wanting to hear how everything is always so perfect so I dig deeper. It's not about bashing anyone but explaining who I am and why I am whether its understood or not. People need to remember how many posts have actually been posted when they want to complain about 1 or 2. There are good ones here somewhere and I'm glad someone is enjoying them. So thanks for sharing.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...