Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Charlotte Y'all!

Ya ya.... I know I just posted a blog not too long ago but we're in North Carolina y'all! Lol. Charlotte to be exact.

The drive wasn't too bad. I made it all the way to West Virginia before Furman took over the driving. That was completely fine with me because the speed limit increased. (70m/120km) You know people generally drive faster than the speed limit and on these winding roads? Soo many. Yeah... I'll admit it, I was getting a tad tired but was pushing myself. Furman knew it. I would have gone all the way but that probably wouldn't have been a good idea anyways. So, I played passenger for the last stretch of our first leg.






The drive was absolutely awesome.  I've never seen soo many trees in my life. Very hilly and very green. I swear the mountains of trees reminded me of broccoli heads/crowns. lol They really did. Neither of us got any speeding tickets although we came across many police cars in the West Virginia, Virginia stretch. The funny thing is that CAA actually warned us ahead of time to watch our speed in certain areas. They included an insert with our Triptix that we never really used because our GPS came in more handy than we thought. The GPS actually helped us not get any tickets. In one of the corners of the GPS it actually shows you the speed limit and highlights your driving speed in RED if you are speeding. Even Furman admitted that he spent more time watching his speed on the GPS than he did watching the speedometer. lol Cruise control is always handy too!! I thought it was interesting how the highway was prepared for runaway trucks too. Yup! Because the highway was soo hilly there were sections where the highway had designated areas for runaway trucks near the bottom of the hills. You know, in case they couldn't stop properly. Great planning i'll say.  Oh...and we even got to drive through two tunnels, Big Walker Mountain Tunnel and East River Mountain Tunnel (I believe) that took us actually through two mountains. It was awesome. 

                                                Tunnel.jpg


                       tunnel1.jpg

Well, we are here in Charlotte safe and sound. All checked in to our room at La Quinta. I've already sent my son a text message and called my mom to let her know that we've reached safely. After we checked in we immediately went out for a bite to eat. We ended up at Chili's for an awesome dinner. You know..the home of the baby back ribs. Remember their commercials? Furman reminded me which resulted in me trying out the baby back ribs and shrimp. Mmmm. Started off with the Platinum Presidente Margarita of course. OMG! What a drink. Love it. We had an awesome server names Shanice that recommended everything I got. She ended up mentioning to her manager that it was my first time at Chili's which resulted in the manager coming to our table and offering us a free desert. A very chocolaty lava cake. Paid off for Shanice. Her excellent service resulted in her getting a $15 tip on a $40 bill. Yes..my husband is a great tipper. Where on earth was he in my waitressing days? lmao  



Anyways....i'm finishing off because this is actually the second time I've written this same post. The first one didn't save properly or something...I'm tired. So, I might have missed stuff in my re-write. Sorry. Furman and I are going to attempt to watch a movie on Netflix. My husband is always prepared with his connections so that anywhere he goes he can actually either connect his cellphone or his laptop to the tv so we can watch a movie. lol Not sure how our movie watching will go but we'll try. Just want to unwind. Then....we are off in the morning to finish the second leg of our trip to Miami. We will be surprising his mom because she is actually expecting us to arrive on Monday I am told. lol Can't wait to see her. Will be a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...