Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Flushed

A funny thing happened to me yesterday.
I thought about blogging about it...then I decided against it (this happened after I had already published a post), then I figured why not, then I figured nahhh. Then this morning when I was telling a colleague (one of my readers) about what happened, she suggested I write a blog about it. So...that's what I'm doing. Giving my readers what they want. After all, it was hilarious.

What happened?

Well...yesterday afternoon when I made a trip to the ladies room, as I turned around to flush the toilet my office badge AND parking pass committed suicide. lol What I mean by that is, that it literally unclipped and hopped into the toilet as it was already flushing. I heard the click. Not before the water flushed, where i'd be able to fish it out....but while the flush was happening. How smart of the clip! lol I couldn't save it. It happened so darn fast. I swear, I was shocked that the thing actually fit through the hole. A quick thought made me think that the flush would stop or the badges would get stuck and I could reach my hand in for it. But, like I said...it was a quick thought that left as fast as it came. Flushed with the badges.






It kind of looked like this. (My photo was better of course..lol)

It was a small ID clip and not one attached to a pully. I used to have a couple of those but then the pully quit on me so I went back to the clip. One pully string broke and another actually just stopped retracting. This morning I was reminded exactly why I hate wearing the badges around my neck on a lanyard. When you walk all you hear is the clacking of the badges hitting your stomach. In my case, there were two badges together. One, had my photo ID on it and the other was a blank access card to get into and out of our office parking lot. Both of them, left together. It was a joint effort. I cursed a few words under my breath quietly in the stall, I wont even lie. But, not loud enough for anyone to know I had a problem.  My first course of action following that incident was to follow someone I didn't know through the doors that I no longer had access to. How is that for security? After all, that lady had no clue who I was. lol But, I got in and went right to my Managers desk. Embarrassed, I had to explain to her what just transpired in the bathroom stall. She had a good laugh. She said she had dropped hers in the toilet before, which made me feel better, just not when it was flushing. hahaha My luck. 

Not me...but trying to show you SHOCK!  hahaha
                                                   
My manager made a few calls and arranged for me to get a new office pass. My photo is already on file so it wont be too hard to get. Luckily, she had a temporary pass in her drawer that she was able to get instantly programmed for access while I wait delivery of a new pass. Then, we headed downstairs to speak to building security to arrange a new parking pass. I had to repeat my ordeal. lmao After security laughed, they said "It happens". Really? That was reassuring, because I had felt like a total loser. lol It has never happened to me before and one thing i'll say...I AM SOO HAPPY IT WASN'T MY IPHONE!! Anyways, I was fully expecting to be charged for a new parking pass, but I wasn't. Thank God. One of the security guards asked me for the location of the incident too, in case there are any reports of blockages in the pipes. hahaha Yeah....I can see someone having to check the pipes and coming out with my photo! Full of....Yuck! My friend Mags said i've been hanging around her too much. Too funny.

Well, Furman was waiting for me when I got home. lol Wanting to know how on earth this happened because you know I had to text him. So, I told him. All he could do was shake his head and laugh. 

This morning...he hooked me up to prevent it from happening again. "Now where are you going to clip that?" he wanted to know. "On my purse". Yeah, my new clip makes it easy to clip onto the ends of my purse. And, for those days when I am not wearing an outfit that I can clip it to, I now have a lanyard that I hate but can keep at my desk. After all, I don't go everywhere in the office with my purse, so I need a backup plan for my badge. Once I get to work, I hang the purse till it's time to go. But, I need to have my ID with me at all times.. Trust me...it sucks being locked out. I've done that a few times when going to the ladies room or downstairs to get breakfast. Having to wait by the glass doors for someone to notice you and let you in makes you feel like an idiot for forgetting your badge. (When you clearly didn't take your cellphone to call someone.lol) Yep...need to have my badge with me at all times. So, here is my new hookup!!  Thanks baby!

                                                 

And, like I said,...on those odd occasions...a lanyard will have to do.

       Lesson learned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...