Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Friday, July 6, 2012

Doin' The Pigeon!

Remember this? lmao  Classic..if I must say so myself.



Sesame Street used to be my show when I was younger. Oh yeah!  I loved me some Bert and Ernie. I don't remember Elmo being as huge as he is now. lol But he's quite the star these days. For today's blog topic Bert dancing to Doin' The Pigeon comes to mind. Why? Because my husband and I will be taking on the daunting task of cleaning my mother's balcony. God help us.

Her balcony has been in horrible shape for years, completely taken over by the neighborhood pigeons. I'm not sure why, other than the fact that she doesn't use it. Her building is surrounded by several other buildings. Do they have to always go to HER balcony? I mean really! There are soo many to choose from. Are there really that many pigeons in the neighborhood that her balcony is getting it's fair share of pigeon feces?  hahaha  It's crazy. My mom smokes so when you visit her you are dying for air because her windows are usually closed and she smokes in the apartment. However, with the state of the balcony you actually fear opening the windows. It's that bad! Pigeons have nested and laid their eggs in corners of her balcony. Pigeons have died with their carcasses left in opposite corners. Pigeons are shitting all over the place! I told you..not a pretty sight. Not sanitary at all. However, as a result of my mother's health it's been a struggle to get the building to perform any maintenance in her unit let alone clean a balcony that they probably aren't responsible for anyways. I got them to do it once many years ago and they netted it too. But, they aren't doing it anymore. And, it can be costly for an outside agency to do it. It's been difficult to have her balcony cleaned and maintained because she hasn't had long periods of good health....till now.
Not moms but an idea
The net she once had ended up being removed. I had originally thought my mom had done it when she wasn't well but a neighbor confirmed that the building had done it and didn't get around to putting it back up. Just great! So now, it's something I have to take care of before they levy a $500 fine on her. Nobody else is going to do it and mom certainly can't afford any fines.  Now mind you, many many years back an Aunt took on this task and cleaned my mother's balcony for her when it was just as bad. It was awesome. It didn't stay clean for that long though. God bless my auntie for what she did. I don't know how she did it. Just looking onto the balcony sometimes makes me want to gag. (Sitting in the house in the smoke is just as bad..lol) Maybe I should get some tips from auntie? Naw...I got hubby. We got this! My mom knows who to call when she wants or needs something, and that she did. After all, my hubby said he would take care of it as soon as he saw it and knew he'd be here to deal with it. God bless him. He's a good man!


Sooo....the crew of pigeons that loves to take over mom's balcony will have to bugger off soon enough.  We are gonna deal with them! (Ok, maybe mostly Furman...hahaha But, i'll do my best to help). Looks like sometime in the next week is the plan before we are off again on our next adventure. Gotta figure out what we need to get started. Definitely a shovel. Hazmat suits might be in order too! lol Furman might think i'm being ridiculous but i'm as serious as a heart attack. My stomach is weak! So, you know that when we get around to getting this done there are gonna be stories. hahaha

Now...if anyone has any suggestions, special remedies for prevention of their return, etc....Please do share!


Shopping List:
Masks
Shovel
Garbage Bags
Javex....and more Javex
new Netting
........and make sure I remember my old shoes to trash when we are done.
ANYTHING ELSE?

Special thanks to an angel in my mom's building that has been keeping in contact with me to always let me know what's up! Things that need to be taken care of, like the balcony, word on the street about individuals I need to deal with that are Using my mom....all that! It's amazing how God puts people into your life for a Reason, Season and a Lifetime. Like the lady had said to me, my mom "needs people in her life that aren't going to use her".  Sooo right!  Thank God for always looking out for my mom.


So....I'm really going to enjoy the weekend ahead because when I get back, we got work to do!!

It's a DIRTY job, but someone has got to do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...