Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Above Some Heads For Mom

3-1-1

That's who I had to call.
Not sure where they fit in the chain of command but I expect they will be a huge help in getting some action.
                                                         

I had a conversation with the lady that's been my lookout for mom these days. After all, i'm heading out of town and always need to make sure mom is looked after. This lady is a wonderful lady much like my mom. Seeing as how I don't live in the city, it's very reassuring to know that I have someone close by keeping an eye on my mom and her needs for me. (Other than my Auntie of course) We are blessed. This lady even helps to remind my mom about getting her required needles. Now how awesome is that? She reports to me about everything and anything that I need to look into and take care of for my mom's continued improving care. Why? Because when my mom is well, everyone takes notice of what an awesome person she is. (I'm like her in a lot of ways I might add..lol) Something, that I've known all along. lol When she is not well...everyone pretty much stays the hell away. lol Except for me and my Auntie of course. I take the abuse sometimes that results from her illness, and Auntie..well Auntie is just a tough cookie and gets mom in check when she is well or not. Some people think she is too harsh with mom. But, these are also critics that sit on the sidelines and avoid mom until she is...good. Mom knows who is there for her. Did I tell you that we're blessed? Between this lady, myself & my hubby and my Auntie...we got mom covered.
Everything is going to be all right.




Anyways....we talked about the recent cleanup of my mom's balcony My Momma Love Us...More, concerns about certain individuals that my mom needs to avoid and about some home improvements that I have been trying to get taken care of since like forever. Now that my moms health has been awesome for many many months, the possibility of getting these things taken care of once and for all is improving. My mom has lived in the same place for like 25-30 years. So, they know her. They also don't pay her any mind because they know that she has been off and on for so many years. That's where I come in, again! Always the advocate for my mom, and proud to be. I feel sorry for those who don't have loved ones who care. I've called Public Health before. But, sometimes when I get things done she goes off the rails again. This time, i'm holding out hope that we've got her meds under control for a very long time to come. So far, everybody is enjoying and benefiting from the awesome person that my mom is when she is well. That makes me happy because my mom deserves all the love she can get. I've had many tell me how pleased they are to be in her company, while too many others are just taking advantage. Snakes I tell ya! I'll deal with them one way or another. 

Back to what I was saying....I called 3-1-1 to report the condition of my mom's apartment that has been in terrible disrepair for some time now. Oh yeah. Told them all about the moldy kitchen walls that had been previously repaired by painting over them. Told them about the actual holes in the kitchen walls that the building recently took care of by screwing drywall squares over the openings. Holes made by the deterioration of the wall and not by my mother. I don't know if the pipes previously had leaks or what.  It's just horrendous. (The building has promised to return and gut the kitchen and provide new cabinetry but they haven't returned). I even told them about rodent droppings I recently noticed that I didn't remember being there before. She's not on the main floor of a building you know. These critters must be crawling up the pipes quite a distance. It makes my skin crawl. But, one thing I will say is thank God she doesn't have to deal with cockroaches. Fighting with bed bugs on one occasion was bad enough but we got through it. Roaches? Good Lord....Thank God. But yeah... conditions have just gotten worse and worse while she is now getting better and better. Yup...time to take serious action. Nobody needs to fear my mom now. Access can be granted to get things done. Reports were made with 311 and now they've arranged for about three different inspectors to visit the home and have a look for themselves. Thank God! Anyone who sees what I am talking about would say that nobody should live in those conditions. Something needs to be done. My mom deserves so much better. Now, there is a fighting chance.  Did I mention we got that horrible balcony cleaned? lol

After speaking with 311, I contacted my moms dear friend and arranged for her to be there with my mom in my absence. Told you she is a wonderful lady. By the time I return from my trip I should hopefully have some answers. The lady even told the building superintendant that I called the Public Health department too! Ouch! But, he was cool. She said that his response was "good for her!" lol


Mom has always been a big time Al Green fan so this one's dedicated to her!!

I'm just about ready to go enjoy my vacation (2 more sleeps) and then I can review the services of 3-1-1. lol
I won't talk about Toronto Housing because I won't have much good to say....but 3-1-1...that's new for me. Wish us luck!

 
Gotta keep making mom happy.  First order of business - I have to remember to call her and let her know when we've reached our destination safely. I promised!! After all, it will be a long drive. But, looks like we will be getting some shut eye in Charlotte, NC before we continue our travels. Mom will be happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...