Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, July 16, 2012

It's Going To Take A Few More....

Well, my husband has found a creative way of occupying his time in Canada. You know..since he is not able to work yet.  What is he doing you might wonder?  Well, these days.....you would never guess.

First...let me just say for the record that his cooking is definitely improving. When I get home from work, he always has dinner ready for me. I'm going to miss that when he is able to work. It's so nice to have someone do something for you for a change. Still takes some getting used to though.  Well, when I came home Friday he was quite excited to show me what he had been upto. Had me turn around almost instantly and close my eyes. When I was positioned at the entrance to the kitchen he allowed me to open them only for me to spot the containers of leftovers lined across the counter. Dinner. So...I went over to them and started taking the lids off. "That's not it" he kept saying as he laughed. lmao  So, I turned another direction and look what I found.....


                   Oh yeah... My baby made this.  My Cake Boss intern.
                                             Baked and decorated!                       

I knew it was coming...just didn't know when. He had this idea of making cupcakes in his head for some time now. Several times when we were in Walmart he was in the crafts section checking out icing tips, food coloring and all kinds of stuff so he could make his own icing and well.....this. We almost bought a kit one weekend but had to take it back because the case had a crack in it. lol Not bad for his first. The cake itself was a mix and he did the rest. All I could do was smile and shake my head.  Gotta love it. So proud of him. Google and Youtube. That's what it's there for. Looked good and tasted good too. It's only a matter of time before he does everything from scratch. I'm really going to have to make sure I burn more calories than I eat.

Now, before you might snicker....Hey....my man could be getting into worse things with all his time. Even he says that learning how to do something new will keep him out of trouble. I agree. And...he is a cake guy. He loves cake! So what better for him to get into? Can't wait to see his second attempt. It's going to take a few more.....to get rid of the title of Intern. lol

It's amazing how fast things change sometimes.

Head Lake
We went from being unsure of how to manage our time this weekend to changing course for a plan where we didnt need to manage anything. Literally. All we had to do was chill. So....we dropped everything and headed out of town...back to the Cottage. Always love enjoying God's creation and spending time to think with great company. It's soo different from the thinking time to and from work. And, I promised mom that I wouldn't be going into any woods or anything by myself! She was serious about that instruction. She didn't want anything to happen to me after a story that someone told her about a girl that went camping.
So unfortunately, we didn't get to hang out with the ladies from the Prayer Breakfast Group and didn't make it to church after all. Now, they're really going to wonder if i'm ok.  I'll have to send an email to reassure someone since now I know that Sometimes Strangers Care.

But....we did get a chance to get to Mom's house and work on the balcony. My Momma Loves us...More I won't say that we finished because it was a lesson that it's going to a few more trips before we can get it the way we want it. After all, shit stains...it really does. We washed the balcony floors and walls with bleach and cleanser (Furman did really, although I helped with the walls). It looks much much better than it did but it's still not there quite yet.  Mind you...that with the pouring rainfall we had yesterday it certainly helped to avoid complaints of dirty crap dripping from the balcony. lmao  Our bird crappy water kind of blended in with the falling rain as it poured below, with the exception of any residue that landed on the netting of the lower balcony. We couldn't do anything about that. lol Sorry! We'll have to google what else we might be able to use to help us get the balcony the way we want it. Otherwise, I'm thinking we might need to find some kind of spray to kind of give the balcony floor a fresh look.  We'll see!  No photos yet....It's going to take a few more....visits.

Now...it's a new week. 5 days before I am officially on vacation!  Woo Hoo! Can't wait. OMG can't wait. I'm not sure how much i'll be able to blog while out of town....but I certainly have enough posts for people to get caught up on, if they haven't read them all already. lol My countdown has started.

                                 

                                         Ok...not quite yet....it's going to take a few more.....days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...