Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, June 4, 2012

New Kind of Clean - Fresh Start



The Seal of Approval is what my daughters bedroom was given this weekend. Finally!! Yup. Getting her room tip top clean, clean to parental standards was a condition of her teenage parole. Lol. Meeting parental standards.....that's the key right there, because i'm sure you can figure that a kids clean would be different from an adults clean. I was soo excited this was finally getting done because I've been after both of my kids about cleaning their rooms - forever. It's amazing how something so simple seems so difficult to get done. With my husband being Mr Military Clean, he was the one to help her in learning what Clean really is and how to meet parental standards. Lol. (Yes...his clean is much cleaner than mine...I will admit.)
It was nice to see them working together while I was chillaxin.

That's supposed to me looking under the bed. lol
Oh, I helped out a bit with this official Spring Cleaning of her room. While she was at work I did my part to clean under her bed, scrubbing out a few stains on the carpet, then vacuuming and laundering her bed linen. Furman, he was with the tool box fixing things that needed fixing. I am very thankful to my husband for all his help. He promised to help her once she got started and stuck with her through it all. That's why it really got done. God Bless him. lol Oh, and because she knew she would lose her communication privileges if it didn't get done. lol Don't mess with a teenager and her blackberry. Oh no. But that's how you get stuff done!

Too bad you can't do that with a young adult. Nope...an adult is an adult and they're going to do what THEY want to do or not.  I hate having to repeat myself over and over and over again to get something done that I shouldn't even be asking for. Yup....I start feeling like a damn "Nag". Not even funny. Part of being a parent I guess. But, you learn quick about picking your battles, what you can tolerate and what you cannot and that's when Tough Love comes in. No more nagging.

Her bedroom is looking great. Like Furman had been saying to her.... Once the room is clean as clean should be then all she has to do is learn how to tidy by putting things back in their assigned places. No more excuses. I finally got what I been asking for. Why bug teenagers about cleaning their room you might ask? Well, as myself and Furman tried to explain to her (since she felt nobody should be bothered by her messy room because it's Her room)....your room and how you keep your room is a reflection of you and how you will be as an adult. A kid with a messy room is more likely to turn into an adult with a messy home. lol Can you imagine having to share a dorm room with a messy young adult in college? OMG! So, we finally got some action with Furman's tremendous help. My daughter did an awesome job! I love her and I am soo very proud of her. Watching her hanging up her clothes and putting some of her skills learned from retail to good use was awesome. Yes...i'm talking about the folding of clothes..hahaha Actually, she rolled the clothes in her drawers...lol  Rollin Rollin Rollin  Something Furman taught her, and me. :)

She made a good choice this weekend. I know that she will feel better overall now that her room is clean. I've seen her smile...she's not foolin me! And, we had some jokes laughing at the things that had been found during the cleanup. Oh gheez...did we ever!! We had a rough few weeks so the laughter was needed. Hoping I don't have to start a calendar to keep track of how long her room stays clean. She is such a teenager! Gotta love her though.

"It's better to help someone who tries and fails then to help someone who doesn't try at all."

                                              
The room was bad. lol I mean I can't even post a photo..I wont even lie. No before and after pictures here. But hey, I did do some searches in google for example pictures and found several which is a good sign that my teenager isn't alone in her messy room ways. It's all good now. We are getting her on the right track while we still can. The test will be in keeping it that way. Now, we got a bunch of stuff to donate, and a crapload of empty shoeboxes...oh, and way too many rolls of scotch tape. Anyone need one? hahaha


Hey..the room is clean. A new beginning in soo many ways...you just don't know.

                                                         

Now...if I could get the other bedroom cleaned up without having to do it myself. If I could get my young adult to listen to some of the things he really thinks I am only Nagging about we'd all be happy. It's so much harder to parent young adults because you can't discipline them anymore. It's hard in general as a parent to see your kids make bad choices and not listen to the words of advice we give them. But...they have to make their mistakes, and like I used to always hear growing up "What you don't hear you must feel!" No truer words. I love my kids more than you can imagine. Wait a minute...if you are a parent, you probably can imagine. I am very blessed with two wonderful children (even when they give me a hard time) and an awesome husband. I'm going to keep acting like a love struck teenager because I didn't really get to do that when I was one. lol

The weekend went pretty well after I had a very very rough week. I can only thank God and continue to pray for the things that still need prayer. I also have a few special thank you's to some baton friends (you know who you are). You don't know how much you've really helped us this weekend. You are both awesome! Thank you very much for being there for us.

To my Son - You know I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...