Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Memories - Kids DO The Darndest Things

So....I've been thinking....what to write about today?

I try to write a blog post every couple of days to stay current and not abandoned like many blogs out there. I've come across a lot of neat blogs that have been abandoned by people that just aren't committed like they used to be. Hey, I know...life gets busy! Blogs that have been moved to other sites and blogs that are updated maybe once a month or so. I don't want to be like that. I've got tons to say....after all, I'm 41. But there is a time and place for everything, so I choose what I might write about wisely. Most importantly, I try to remember the main focus of my blog while I'm filling in space.

Anyways....An old memory made me laugh today that I thought I would share. Has to do with the funny things that kids do.  I'm sure plenty of us have our own stories. Have you ever lost your kid at the mall or in a store or something? Well, I have....or I thought I did. lol  I know it happens to the best of us.  I was sitting here thinking of my son and started cracking up at this memory.

Ok..Here we go:

I don't remember how old exactly my son was but I'm sure he was between the ages of 5 and 10.  I had stopped in a video rental store to peruse their selections with my son in tow. The store wasn't that big (wasn't a Blockbuster or anything), but it was big enough and wasn't located in the best of neighborhoods.  In fact, a reflection of the neighborhood the shop was in was the decorative dead body tape that was in front of the cashiers station near the door. It wasn't real i'm sure. I think it was just the owners gag or conversation piece.  Anyways, I didn't think I needed to hold onto my sons hand as I looked through the movies on the shelves, reading movie synopsis' for something that caught my interest. I allowed him to also look around for any kids movie that might interest him. He wouldn't go anywhere....or so I thought. The store didn't have many patrons in it at the time looking for movies themselves. I felt confident I didn't have anything to worry about.

So, after finding a few movies to go home with I turned around for my son who I thought was nearby. He wasn't. I walked amongst a few shelves and called out to him but he didn't answer. First thing I did...was PANIC. OMG! I remember that feeling clearly because it was the first time I felt it. Where is my son? What was probably only a few minutes seemed like forever. As I picked up my step to race in between the few aisles in the store checking for him, I went towards the cashier to ask if anyone had seen my son leave.  Low and behold.....there was my clown of a son!! Yup....I had overlooked him several times because he had been laying down on the floor playing dead with his body shaped in the dead body tape. On the floor! When I was looking for him I was looking ahead and not on the floor. lol I swear...the panic left as quick as the snap of a finger and all I could do was crack my ass up. OMG! This kid! Only my son (would do something so silly) I thought, as I know I shook my head in relief and laughter. What a great laugh we had as I took his arm to help him up off the floor. Now I knew why he was so quiet and not answering me when I was calling out to him in panic...that's what dead does. hahahaha

If only I had a camera, or camera phone. I don't think camera phones came into existence until the late 90's. Now...all these crazy moments are easily captured by technology most of us can't seem to do without. That would have been a great shot! hahahaha

In hindsight, I think that should have been the first clue that my son had an interest in Criminology. hahaha


Well, I just wanted to share that cute story. Funny memory for me.

                                                             Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...