Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, June 18, 2012

If I Shall Die Before I Wake....

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I shall die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.


I can't get this little prayer out of my head.
I have memories of getting on my knees with my mom at bedtime to say this prayer together. My favorite part was always the God Bless because that's when I would try to name everyone I wanted God to bless. lol Coming from a family where my mom has 13 siblings....the list seemed endless.

If I Shall Die Before I Wake?
Hmmmm.....
How will I be remembered? Who will miss me? Would I be ready? Would anyone cry?


My husband and I were talking about our post mortem plans the other day. Sounds morbid, I know. Not sure how we got into that conversation. But seriously, we were talking about what our wishes were after our passing. Funeral or non funeral arrangements per se. Hey, this stuff is good to know...just in case. Don't think i'll mention what decision we came to because that might cause a stir in itself. hahaha  Furman insists that he pass before me though...what nerve! 

I've been going through a real hard time this month. Unbelievable! A June I will never forget. 
I am soo thankful for two friends in particular that have given me their shoulders and some great words of encouragement.  Thank you ladies. I love you both!

I'm lamenting.  I just don't understand how things happen.  Why? Always try to remember that it's not always about me. I know I've said this before but I have to believe that to keep going sometimes. I look back in my Bible for verses I grew up with for comfort. Verses like: Proverbs 3:5-6, Romans 3:28, John 14:27, 

Psalm 34:17-22
The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them;    
he delivers them from all their troubles.
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted     
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
A righteous man may have many troubles,     
but the LORD delivers him from them all;
he protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.
Evil will slay the wicked;     
the foes of the righteous will be condemned.
The LORD redeems his servants;     
no one will be condemned who takes refuge in him.

                                                                                                                       ...the list goes on.

As I drive to work I have too much time to think...so I listen....and cry....


During the day, I try my best to keep busy with my work and hide how I feel.  I try to prevent distractions with my headphones belting out my favorite gospel tunes to get me through my day. Then I go home.....

I am very thankful that God has given me Furman to help me get through the good and the bad. I don't know how I would handle some things alone.  I really don't.  Ok Ok...let me correct myself...because I know that I am never alone when I have God....but you know what I mean! 

Thank you Furman.   It may not seem like it sometimes, but you do help keep me together.

The weekend, has passed.  The weeks ahead...gonna keep on keeping on!

It makes me feel a bit better to write...so that's what i'm doing.  Now you see..... everything isn't all roses all the time. But, we persevere!  WWJD?

                                                                  


Micah 7:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...