Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, February 27, 2012

What number are we at?




      Yes, I am counting down the arrival of my husband like a kid counting down their departure to Disney! I'm excited to have him around while we wait for Immigration to give us the seal of approval. So yes...i'm counting!! I'm counting this, i'm counting that....life just seems so much better when you have different things to look forward to.
   Actually, as I write it's about 98 hours still left to go!  But who's counting? lol I AM!!

While I had a pretty relaxing weekend, watching The First 48, going to church and doing a bit of decluttering while my daughter was home sick with the Flu, my husband was in Miami running the Super Spartan! He sure did! 8 miles with 30 obstacles.  All I know is that after seeing his video, i'm a little concerned about my own ability to complete the Spartan Sprint in June. Now that's only about 3 miles with 15 obstacles.
Oh boy...what have I gotten myself into?

Furman doing the Super Spartan Race Miami Feb. 25, 2012

After I finish running the Toronto Yonge St 10K in April, I definitely need to start working on my upper body strength. I'm sure Furman will help me with that though. And, it's nice knowing that he'll be around to help nurse me back to health after i'm all beat up. I will not be backing out!! Nope...I am NOT a quitter!! I wanna make my husband proud. I'm sure my kids will be proud too although they think i'm nuts. I don't mind getting down and dirty like he did in this photo. But why am I doing this you might wonder. Well, I have no clue..lol I guess it's basically to challenge myself, which he inspires me to do, and have some bragging rights. Why not? I'm more active now than I was 10-20 yrs ago. Go figure.  When it's all done, i'll have bruises with a story probably for each one and some bling that might look a little similar to the bling he just got.
  Just think, my active life all started with the decision to do the CN Tower Climb on October 22, 2009 with my friend Catie from work! Took me about 36 minutes. 2009!! I wont even tell you what Catie did it in but she left me in the dust and she's got some years on me in terms of age.  So proud of her. She is pretty inspiring too! We challenged ourselves by climbing the 1776 stairs just so that we could say we did it. It was a bucklet list thing!!  lol Then, together we decided to do our first 5K race (The Toronto Women's 5K) on May 30th, 2010 and Furman made sure he was there for that, by surprising me. He's such a romantic. We did it! Damn, I had to....Furman was there to watch...lol    And i'll let you know that running definitely wasn't on my bucketlist. But, since we didn't get any bling for our first race...the rest is history. I had to do another, then another...and now look where I'm headed. My Athlete's Dashboard
I even went back to where I started and did the CN Tower Climb again to try and beat my time and I did. Running the 5K's helped me shave about 7 minutes off my first climb time...here comes the bragging.....29 minutes baby!!! Felt awesome!! Being active has done wonders for my asthma. Oh yeah, I didn't mention that did I? Yeah, i've been an asthmatic for about 7 yrs so on the first CN Tower Climb I  went up there with my puffer. When I hit floor 67 I thought I was gonna croak. lol But when I looked around me and realized there was only two ways out which was up or back down, I kept going. I sure did. And, when you see older people passing you and people looking like they are more out of shape than you are, you get yourself moving pretty quick. I had that shake your head "Hell Naw" moment that helped me finish both times. Now, If it's up to Furman, i'll be running a half marathon by next year if not sooner. (Stay tuned) lol I can't even imagine, but I will never say never. My husband has faith in me and that makes me feel awesome. I just have to learn to have faith in myself.  Till that time comes.....

Dear Lord, I hope I don't break anything.

I'm so proud of my husband. He's my hero!

  He's my SPARTAN!!


He will be here after 4 more sleeps. In the meantime, i'll keep running!

Today I started Day 1/Week 5 of Personal Running Trainer.  My friend James via text message said that i'm an inspiration. I started laughing. Wondering who i'm an inspiration to, because I can't seem to get anyone to get active with me. Then he said I inspired him. That was nice. I had a feel good moment. God is good. If I can do something for someone else while trying to do for myself...then i'm happy and know God is too.

What number am I at? Yeah yeah yeah....I didn't forget...4 More Days to Go!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for both you. Enjoy and learn from each other.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...