Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, February 6, 2012

Husband-Proofing

While I am waiting to update everyone on our Immigration Process, I was wondering....do I blog? If so, what do I say?

Well, when I came into work this morning someone asked me if I was ready for my husband? Lol  In other words, have I made space, etc.  That got me thinking.  Man, I got things to do.  25 Days till arrival! (At least until it's deemed permanent by Immigration, and hopefully that will happen while he is visiting.)

HusbandProofing (Courtesy of TrissPedia) - The act of making an environment relatively comfortable for your husband. The act of HusbandProofing reduces the potential for frustration in trying to make your home, his home.

Now that I've got that defined I gotta figure out what it entails. After all, it's not like ChildProofing where I need to put things away and take certain actions to keep him safe. No...With Furman coming from a place where it's not so safe to a place where we don't really think twice about being safe (spoiled by living in a relatively decent part of the city), I think the area of safety is covered! I already know that he'll have us locking things more often and not leaving things visible in the car, etc.  lol  It's a different world in a sense and adjustments for us all.  But, what i'm referring to is the stuff like making room in the closet and in the dresser drawer. Oh heck, I might need to get a new dresser drawer. I can't have my husband living out of bags or plastic bins. I need to find somewhere to put whatever items he finds important to bring cross country. So yeah, I got some things to move around at home that I haven't really looked at yet.  Then again, he is the master of making space and throwing stuff out. I've already seen him in action. :)  I guess I need to make a list of what I can do to save him so much trouble. 

While my husband is here visiting he wont be able to work until he receives Permanent Residency.  I guess part of my HusbandProofing will also be to make sure that he has everything he needs to entertain himself while i'm stuck going to work. Hmmm? Grocery shopping we will definitely have to do together along with so many other things I look forward to. Satallite TV with more channels than he really needs is already in place. Internet - check! Home Phone - check!  Cellphone? We'll talk about when he is ready for that one.  GPS - check!  After all, there will be lots to explore and get used to. Maybe not at first, but i'm sure eventually he might want to flip whatever routine he's gotten himself into and start "The Adventures of Furman".  He'll do whatever his heart desires I'm sure. And, I know he'll be enhancing my own routine. Oh, with that, I have no doubt. He hopes that I might be ready to tackle running a Half Marathon by next year so you know what he'll be adding into my routine - More get fit time...lol And Oh gheez....i'll have to do more cooking!!  That's gonna shock his system! Definitely wont be like his mama makes...lol  Hopefully he won't lose too much weight.  hahaha  But hey, more get fit time? More cooking?  I think we'll be ok.

All in all, i'm very excited for the upcoming changes and sooo look forward to having my husband around for more than a vacation. It's going to be so weird. And, I know he'll drive me nuts sometimes but i'm sure i'll drive him nuts too!  That's LOVE!  Looking forward to it. Time to get ready....the King of the Castle is coming home!!  I Love You Furman!!  Hurry Home!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...