Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

YES WE DID!

What a day!
What a night!

My morning yesterday started off with a meeting with the Vice President of Real Estate at my job.
Petition Response - What Have I Done?  So, I made sure to dress up a bit. You know, put on some executive style. (Not Gangnam Style..lol) Nice sweater, skirt and some heels. The skirt was Furman's idea. I, was going to go with the dress pants because it's cold outside. lol Actually, I wore the same skirt that I wore on Sunday to church where a lady in the congregation commented that I looked like I had a prosthetic butt. No word of a lie! She said that to me. lmao My daily job does not require me to look like I'm going to meet with customers, so it was nice to have a dress up day.

Anyways, I got to work right on time and there was a bit of buzz. Several at security were aware of my meeting. When the head of security came to grant me access to the meeting rooms I joked with him about rolling out the red carpet for me. (There was none. lol) But I guess I showed the VP who overheard me on the inside, that i'm a cool cat! haha Shake off the nerves Mrs White! Shake off the nerves. I initially was planning on having another colleague attend the meeting with me so I wouldn't be alone. I figured that he'd be with a panel or at least one other person. But, he was alone. So, I took him on alone. I was prepared - I think. I was up late the night before summarizing the issues and created a nice printout that I was able to share with him. Take that home and study it Mr VP! I stated my case! Now, we wait. What surprised me, is that he recommended a second meeting to follow up. Gheez. Doesn't he know how nervous I was to get through this first meeting? lol It wasn't that bad though. A second meeting sounds like a good sign. Time is of the essence too...so it should be soon.

I'm looking at this experience overall as very positive. I tried to explain to him that I am normally not a shit disturber but that I felt I needed to do something. It was important enough not only to myself but to all those that signed the Petition. He definitely saw that and commented that he read all the comments. Impressed. He may or may not be able to give us a Victory but his attention to the matter is very much appreciated. And let me tell you, the operator of the store i'm fighting for...he is definitely touched by my effort. Why wouldn't he? He didn't ask for anyone to fight for him. He certainly knows the value his service brings to this building now.
Keeping it professional, I remembered to send off a follow up email to the VP to thank him for meeting with me too.


Hello,
I just wanted to follow up from our meeting today to thank you again for your time.
We are all appreciating your attention to this matter.
It’s nice to have our voices heard.
Look forward to meeting with you again for an update.


Am I good or am I good? hahaha


Thank you – for taking the time to take up this issue, canvass the population, prepare for the meeting and meet with me.
Your care for this is appreciated.
As stated, I will investigate further and set up a follow-up time shortly.

Yeah...i'm good. :)  (Let me tweet my own horn dammit!)

Photo
To top off my evening was a sweet Obama victory! 4 more years!
I waited all day to get home and watch the election results coming in. After all, i'm an honorary American through my husband. lol He kept his eyes focused on Florida and was happy to have had his own absentee ballot counted. I think if I was an American, I would definitely be a Democrat. Well, I kept myself awake as best I could because I wanted to hear Romney's Concession Speech that he wasn't prepared for. lol And, I wanted to hear Obama's Victory Speech. Unfortunately, my eyes stayed awake to hear the concession but I was OUT like a light by the time Obama came on. That's ok though. CNN.

Now, maybe American's can give Obama a chance because they wont be focused on making him a One Term President anymore. I'm just saying. Rome wasn't built in a day. Things take time and you can't do it alone. Come on Republicans...help a guy out will ya?
(Daniel 2:21 - He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings; he gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to those who have understanding;)

Well, that's all i'll say on that. After all, i'm Canadian and proud of it!
And I have my own campaign to fight right now. lol  Wish me continued luck.
Waiting for my own VICTORY!


Did we have a good day Obama?  YES WE DID!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...