Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend


My commute was cut by 30 minutes this morning because a whole lot of people have the day off. (That's no April Fools joke, lol) Of course, after just about 15 years on the job, I don't. Didn't have enough seniority to get the day off without a fight, although I did fight for a minute. I eventually won too! But, with Furman becoming gainfully employed once again and scheduled to start his job today, it made no sense to be off. So, here I am. It'll be a long quiet day.  My first order of business....to blog.


Hope everyone had a Blessed Easter Weekend.
Love you Mom!!
I spent mine mostly sick with cold. But, I was well enough to see my mom and her smiling face.
Weekend started off by checking out a restaurant my cousin recommended in the city. Wah Sing Hanging out with mom, an awesome cousin, my hubby and my daughter. We went to town on some Lobster I tell ya!!

After Good Friday service, we spent the day hanging out with some dear friends. Had a great lunch, with great conversation and they took care of me in my ill health. lol Hooked me up on a very potent Vitamin C enriched smoothie. It was tha bomb! Gave me quite the jolt! I don't even know if I can remember half the things they said they put in it. I do remember the ginger and the kale though. lol

This is me on Saturday....trying to rest up with my favorite blanket made for me with love by the same dear friend that assisted with taking care of me on Friday. Love her!
Furman took great care of me all weekend too of course.
And I even tried to listen to mom. She always dotes over me..telling me only to take 1 Tylenol. Not 2! lol She also recommended for me to have a Hot Tottie. lmao I didn't though...didn't think that would go good with the cold medication I was already taking.
I look pitiful don't I? Lol

Oh, but sick or not...I got my butt up Saturday evening to celebrate the 65th Birthday of one of the women from my ladies prayer group. I was honored to have been invited to celebrate with her friends and family. Several I recognized or knew from church. She was actually the one that invited me from the get go to get involved in the ladies prayer group many months ago. Very thankful that she did, as I regularly meet with an awesome group of ladies. It was a nice little shindig at the local Howard Johnson Hotel. A time for Furman and I to dress up. Yay! Entertainment at this party.......Yup...brown Elvis. What a hoot! He was actually pretty good. (Check out my own iPhone video below) Funny thing was....that I posted his picture to Facebook and one of my friends actually asked if it was Robert Pooran. Well damn! I'm thinking seriously? Someone knew this guy? I had no clue and had never heard of him. So, in a world of technology I instantly googled and got this: Robert Pooran. It was him all right! Well i'll be! haha
And if you didn't know either...now you know! lol
  

It was a late night...but didn't stop us from getting up extra early to leave the house for Easter Sunday Service. The pastor warned everyone on Palm Sunday to get to church early because it would be full....and he was right. We managed to get there early enough to get our usual seats. You feel like a fish out of water when you gotta sit somewhere else in the sanctuary. lol As always, an awesome service.

All in all, aside from being ill, it was a nice weekend.
Finally started watching The Bible miniseries on television too. I had been taping all 5 parts. An absolute must see. Definitely recommend. I had heard nothing but great things about it. Of course with everything there are always slight inaccuracies. What do you expect? The Bible is an enormous book to put to film, even in several parts. But overall, a great attempt. The purpose is to peak the curiosity of the non believers i'm sure. Hopefully, it worked and there are people interested in knowing more. I was thrilled to follow along and impressed myself with how much I actually knew about the Bible stories.


 What are your thoughts of the series if you've seen?

Anyways, today i'm feeling much better than I was.
Hope the pranksters out there enjoy April Fools Day.
Hope my husband enjoys his first day back at work.
And all those people that were blessed to have today off....enjoy the family time.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...