Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Walk So Kids Can Talk 2013

So, I thought I would blog about something else that I am a part of.
the 2013 Walk so Kids Can Talk presented by BMO
Support other than what I can get locally is always appreciated, so i'm putting it out there blog readers.
You can help too!
You can pledge me by clicking on the above link. (Would absolutely love that! Doesn't matter where you are.) Or you can get involved by walking or volunteering in an area closest to you.
But, you can....get involved.


I've been doing this event for years and look forward to doing it with my husband and hopefully my daughter too this year. It used to be called the Bell Walk for Kids. I not only walk (5k), but I volunteer and fund raise. In fact, i'm often what they call a Champion because my role as a volunteer is to get the word out that encourages others to also walk and fund raise. Encourage fund raising events, etc.
Last year, it conflicted with another run that I had scheduled so I missed out. But not this year.

Over the years, this event has come to be an issue even closer to my heart than before. Why? Because my daughter was a victim of severe bullying. I won't get into the details right now, but I say severe because the Law had to get involved after I campaigned for justice against her tormentors. Yes..there was more than one.  It lasted longer than it should have and I eventually got justice but not after much harm had been done to my daughter. Physically, she is ok now. Mentally, it did a number on her but she's coming along.

                                       

Bullying! Will it ever end? Naw, probably not. It just gets more and more sophisticated. You know, with the internet and stuff....people are out of control! I mean, when I think about it, I was bullied about 30 years ago. My situation got pretty bad too. Lucky for me, I had a cousin that rushed to my defense after a while. God Bless Her! Yup. I don't remember if she came to the school or where she came across the girls that were troubling me...but she got to them and she let them know that if they kept it up they would have to deal with her! lol You can't really do that anymore without fear of being up for charges of bullying yourself. You just can't win. So...what do we do...find a way to help those being bullied COPE. This is where Kids Help Phone comes in. They need our support. Wouldn't you agree?

Of course, Kids Help Phone is there for kids for more than just bullying. Please check out their website if you are unaware. You just never know who you may need to give their information to.


On that note, i'll end with this awesome video put together by Shane Koyczan that has been circulating everywhere. He's already got over 7 million hits on YouTube. Well done! Quite the message!
Feel it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...