Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spring Food Drive

All week I've been trying to get ready to start the Annual Spring Food Drive in my office building.
The things I do in my spare time I tell ya! Smh.
Keeps me sane on the job. lol
When it starts to overflow...
I remove some items to another area.
I try to solicit donations from fellow employees for the month of April and a part of the month of May so that we can help a local food pantry re-stock their supplies after the winter.
What becomes challenging for me is that I work on a particular floor in my office building which doesn't grant me access to all other floors. That being said, it makes it difficult to reach other employees I wouldn't normally have access to. So, I've been trying to figure out all week how to work around this. Probably because last year our donations were much lower than the year previous. Luckily, I kept some emails from people that have assisted me with other programs I run with. Ie. Backpack program. Already Making Plans. I've been soliciting a few foot soldiers to help me make this years Food Drive a success. We'll see how it goes. Are you helping out where you are?

"The generous will themselves be blessed, for they share their food with the poor." (Proverbs 22:9)

If you listen to the news (at least in my area), you will see that we are not the only one running with the same idea. Daily Bread Food Bank needs YOUR help. If there is anything you can do to help your area or ours, that would be awesome. There are always ways to help in every community in every city and every country. You just have to seek them out. We just have to remember that there are many others that are less fortunate than ourselves. We make excuses for why we can't help without realizing that if we can't help in one way, we can help in another. Sometimes it's not always about your money, but about your time. And you know that we always make time for the things and people that are important to us!

Why not pay it forward? Just think about it.

                                     

Everybody knew Michael Jackson (RIP MJ)
....so I thought I would share this song with an awesome message.
He got it...long time ago! (Although many people prefer to remember him for the bad instead of the good.)


On that note.....I want to wish everyone a Blessed Good Friday for those who celebrate the true meaning of Easter. And, in case I don't get to blog before Easter....hope you are spending yours with the ones you love. 

Happy Easter to you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...