Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, April 29, 2013

1st 1/2

Well.....I've been dreaming about it. (Not literally, lol)
But yeah, it's been a "want to do" thing. A bucket list item since I started running. Ok, maybe not right when I started running, but sometime after I graduated to running 10k. Because when I started, I would have never imagined that I would have continued with it to even run a 10k let alone think about a Half Marathon.
I last said it here: Running Season Over
Now, it'll be reality....thanks to my friend Catie who is very convincing. hahaha

We have officially registered to do our 1st 1/2 Marathon!!!  Woo Hoo!! I am scared!! lol But, I did it.


Furman wont be able to run with me because it's a Woman's run. But the best person to be with other than Furman is definitely Catie. My partner in crime. We ran our very first 5k together in 2010! 

                                             

Then, we tried something different and ran our first Spartan Sprint together with Furman in 2012.
We Are Spartan and Becoming A Spartan. Oh, and lets not forget Mud Heros.

                                         

Now, we are going BIG, or going home! lol  
Ok....maybe not THAT big...but BIG for us!! 13.1miles=21.08kms. (Half Marathon)
Exciting and scary. 
Catie has got a busy summer with several runs and obstacle races planned. I haven't officially committed to as many since we weren't sure what kind of issues we might run into, with Furman now employed and having to work occasional Saturdays. But, we've got the Walk for Kids this coming weekend. Then, we've got The Chocolate Race next weekend for Mother's Day. Following that, I plan to join Catie in running her first 10k at the Running4Home 10k race. (I still haven't registered but will get right to it. I'll need the practice for the 1/2 that I've definitely registered for) So I find it funny that Catie hasn't officially ran her first 10k yet, but she has registered and is all gung ho to do the 1/2. Gotta love Catie! Smh Other than my husband, she is such an inspiration and promises that we will do this together, just like our first race. 

Yeah, our first 5k was kind of funny. I remember feeling tired and begging her to please go ahead without me because I didn't want to hold her back! Nope, not Catie....she stuck with me and we finished our first race together. It wasn't about the time, it was about the finish. Then, future races became about the time because you know the running didn't stop there. lol

So yeah....I know that I really have to kick my training into high gear. I was training for the 5k using my 10k program Personal Running Trainer and as of today I've started my Half Marathon program. It's ok if it's not till September...trust me, I will need all the training and conditioning I can get. Perhaps I will get in on some of the other races that Catie is doing with or without Furman. We'll see. One thing at a time. It'll cost me more for registration since I didn't take advantage of early bird prices. But oh well, if I can, I still just might do them and Furman will have to miss out.

Catie and I have shared many milestones together. In fact, this week is our 15 year anniversary with our employer. We started working for the company at the same time for the same office and then went our separate ways, but have always kept in touch on and off the job.
15! Damn...i'm feeling old! lol For an anniversary gift, the company is giving me a beautiful Guess watch. I chose it actually. Something a little different than the one I have already. lol

Anyways, thank goodness I have my husband to encourage me and kick me in the butt with my training. Hopefully we will be able to run the distance together soon, in training for my run. After all, he's already been at the Marathon level for years. lol An actual Marathon....26.2miles.....yeah, not even a thought! Trust me on that one. Ask me again after I conquer the half. hahaha

Thanks to my dear friend Catie for being such an inspiration and encouraging me to do something i'm not even sure i'll be ready for. hahaha Don't mind me...I'll be ready! I'll make sure of it.
And Thanks to my wonderful husband Furman for always being supportive of my adventures, even when i'm crazy!



2 comments:

  1. You two are going to demolish that race together! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Girl.
      We'll certainly try not to let it demolish us. Lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...