Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Second Class

Monday night I attended my second class at Spinbuddies Pole Studio.
INSPIRED To Dance
This time, I learned how to do the Ballerina move.
Here is a YouTube clip of the owner, Rose Hen, demonstrating. She will be my Thursday evening teacher.


I was in great workout pain too. Whereas last Monday, it took a couple of days to feel sore after starting our first class learning these...

                                  

Not this time. Same night my calves were very sore and I had pole burn on the back of my thighs. Arms were sore too of course, because with all pole moves you want to raise yourself as high up as you can on the pole. I'm feeling ok today though. Oh, and we did review and practice the very first move we learned last week in our first class...The Firechic.

                                           

So yes, I am definitely getting a workout and getting a sweat. Thank goodness I had a few days after my Monday evening class to recover before I start my Thursday evening classes this week. lol I still went for my run on Tuesday though...have to stay on my mission. As I mentioned before, Thursday evenings will be at a different location, with a different teacher - the boss. It will basically cover much of the same stuff that I am already learning on Monday night, so i'll have more practice. But, with Rose knowing that I already attend Monday evenings, I am sure that she will monitor my progress and throw in some extra stuff when she sees fit. Looking forward to it.

I found this awesome Pole Dance Dictionary of Moves online (interesting stuff) that helps to demonstrate exactly what I am and will be learning (probably not all) as well, complete with a short video demonstration of how to do it. So, i'll make sure to use this as a reference when sharing also. Check out the links for the demo.

Fireman  (we called Firechic)
Spinner Variation (we called Ballerina)
Don't worry, one day soon i'll have photos or video of myself on the pole. Just let me get to the point worth sharing first. hahaha I'm not trying to do a what not to do video of me falling on my head. That being said, you should have seen my daughters reaction when she learned that my dance classes were actually pole dancing classes. Bahahahaha  Too funny! Now THAT would have been a moment worth capturing on film. Oh well.

Oh....and for those interested, Spinbuddies is also offering Zumba and Hip Hop Dance classes. Imagine that!
I'll have to leave any ideas of that alone for now,...my focus is on the pole!

Anyways, Happy Hump Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...