Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Breakthrough


Had an absolutely horrible weekend.
Started with me getting frustrated with how people were dealing with things that involve me.
People getting involved in things that I felt they should stay out of.
That ever happen to you?
That's happened to me a few times...friends trying to be friends.
Granted, people often have good intentions but sometimes that doesn't help. Lol
People often deal with situations which appear to be the wrong way but to them its the only way.
Myself included. I can only ask forgiveness of anyone I may have hurt while guarding my heart. Hmm?
Thank God I have my hubby to talk to and LISTEN when I need to vent.


So, I did a lot of reflecting after taking an opportunity to exhale. I had coffee with a good friend from church on Friday that planted a few seeds. Seeds that with prayer will eventually grow. Then, I positioned myself accordingly. I grabbed a bull that had been bucking for quite a long time by the horns.  My husband kind of threw me in the ring. lol Needless to say.... I took "one small step for mankind". Lol It might actually be a giant leap although saying it was for mankind is kind of stretching it. Lmao. I'm no Neil Armstrong. haha Going forward, I am taking baby steps to deal with something that was overdue in dealing with. (Not entirely my fault either) Meeting someone not halfway, but maybe a quarter of the way. We'll see. I did get something from someone that I had been waiting years for. Hence, my title. Now, i'm just not sure how to take it. So, i'll pray, and keep praying.


Today at church I went for prayer at alter call and it made me cry when that same friend I met with on Friday joined me with a few others for prayer. She knew exactly what I needed and admitted that she had been sitting in her seat hoping that I'd go to the front for prayer. Lol After all, it really does help when others pray for you. God answers prayers in his time. Something else I had been praying for with the help of others, such as my Ladies Prayer Group, had recently been answered. So, I know God is listening. He even made sure I knew he was listening when I was in my discipleship class after service today. The Pastors wife runs a women's group, Wise Living in a Foolish World - Lessons from the book of Proverbs, and today the subject was Wise Women Guard Their Hearts. Oh boy! Concept verse was:
                                                         
There is a message here! lol We focused on the value of pondering (Prov 4:2, Luke 2:19) as well as the need for focus (Prov 4:25, James 1:8) and God's rating system for our thoughts (Phil 4:8, Rom 8:32, John 14:6 and Rom 12:2). It was strange though, because towards the end of the lesson I started to get a bit emotional taking in some of the things that were being said. Things that related to how I have been feeling and what I have been going through most recently. The Pastors wife quoted a verse and for the life of me I can't remember which one it was right now. But, that's what got to me and the woman that always sits beside me knew it and grabbed my hand. Not because she saw a tear fall but because she knew a bit about my struggle from my sharing - what I wanted prayer for. When she heard the verse she too knew that it was speaking to me. It was a nice feeling to know that someone else knew and understood my pain and let me know it with a simple touch. Tears are good she reminded me. Get's out all the bad stuff. Healing Properties of Tears
God is good!
My husband must think I am a hot mess sometimes. lmao But you know what....I am! I'll admit it. I know he loves me anyways and I love him dearly for always putting up with me. lol. I am overly sensitive and get overly emotional. That's just how God made me. As a result, I don't deal with things the best but do the best I can. I learned to appreciate how I was after having a friendship with someone who I felt wasn't sensitive or emotional enough. Someone who was complete opposite from me. lol Funny how that works. But I think I need a "nothing box". lol Men's Brains vs Women's Brains I posted this before in Oh Mannn and it's soo true.

Anyways....looking forward to a good week. I still got to get my butt in gear to get ready for Christmas. Still anxiously awaiting Immigration, and praying. Praying for help on dealing with a few people, a few things, a few situations....awe man.....I just need prayer for everything. lmao God must get tired of hearing from me!! 
                                                


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...