Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, December 10, 2012

12 Days of Eating

Today marks the first day of the 12 Days of Eating in my office. Oh boy!

Inspired by this song:
Oh yeah.....we know how to do it up here at work. What happens is....people sign up on the calendar board to bring a treat to share with co-workers on one of the 12 working days before Christmas. Potluck every day! With today being the kickoff, I decided to join a couple of my friends in today's feeding. lol.

Furman's First Apple Pie
Nooo...Furman didn't bake anything for the occasion. lol Although he did bake his first Apple Pie this weekend. It was good too! Made sure we got some Vanilla Ice Cream to go with it. I'll just have to make sure and try it with some cheddar cheese. Go figure! Yup...my friends on Facebook tell me that that's what I need to do. "An Apple Pie without cheese is like a kiss without the squeeze" i'm told. lmao Oh, and we realized why people often put their baked pies on the window sill. lol Duh! After, we I cut into the pie...I couldn't wait..I'm sorry...it was still warm and I like hot apple pie with Ice Cream. lol But when I cut into it and the Apples started running...I felt like a greedy fool. Won't happen again I tell ya! But it was still good. :)

As I was saying about the 12 Days of Eating...I bought a beautiful Red Velvet Coffee Cake for my co-workers, and me. I added this cake to the several dishes of cheese and crackers, spinach dip with pumpernickel bread, other homemade dips, chips, cookies, chocolates and other homemade treats. Now...I watch the clock for lunchtime so I can RUN downstairs to the gym and work off as much as possible. hahaha  I figured it was best for me to buy something because we had a very busy weekend planned. I wasn't sure if we'd have time to bake. Clearly, Furman found time. lol


Saturday morning I had my Ladies Prayer Breakfast followed by an early evening of Church in the City (Feeding the Homeless). We served the desserts this time. And for the first time in a long time, it was a hot mess. (Maybe it was because my good friend, who is a big part of keeping things running smoothly, was missing) People came out to help that haven't been there in a while or that haven't volunteered before and there were just too many Chiefs and not enough Indians. Well, there were enough Indians actually....but you know what I mean. (No insult intended by the saying) People were giving direction that had no business giving direction, wrong direction, which only created a bit of chaos. We got through it though. lol And for the first time, we split early.

Furman and I were looking forward to joining our church Marrieds Group for a few games of Bowling. We didn't want to get there too late. Furman was really looking forward to it. Apparently, he is quite the bowler and has been for years. Seriously! Even has his own bowling ball back home in Florida. WTH? lol He's a Lefty too...so it was quite funny watching him try to find the perfect ball from those available. He found one...and then it just disappeared somehow. Off he was...trying to find another ball that would work for him. Something about finger sizes or something...I dunno. I didn't get to play but that's ok, next time. When we got to the bowling alley the games had just started and there was only space on the board for one more...so Furman got it. After all, I knew he was dying to show off. hahaha He won the first game...and then I don't know what happened with the second. Must have been all the teen music they started playing making him lose focus, shaking his booty a bit. :)  We'll definitely be back. I gotta get in a game with or without the others.

Awe yes....it was an overall good weekend. My daughter had one of her friends sleep over so we had an extra body around. Had them both at church with us on Sunday (I won), and then we all just kind of hung out as football took over the day. lol Yes...I am actually watching football. Like I said before...after watching that first live game In Advance of your Birthday....I get it!

Now....to prepare to give my mother a wonderful birthday weekend this coming weekend. Co-ordination required. Have a meeting tomorrow that is very important to my birthday preparations. lol Looking forward to it and praying that God will lead.

Anyways......I've got to get back to the snacking....things are disappearing too quick and it's not even lunchtime yet. When I eat chocolate it gives me headaches but I really need to go back to the table and get a hold of the Brandy filled Chocolates, headache or not.
I know, I know...no drinking on the job.
But they are sooo good. lol

Happy Monday!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...