Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, September 17, 2012

The Last Stretch


I've started my countdown to when I will get to see my hubby again! This is the last stretch!!

I wont say more than that because we have a surprise in store for my arrival.

Moving right along....

Had a nice weekend that started with hanging out with my auntie and mom again. Man....Auntie hooked me up! She came to Bingo as she often does...with food! lol Her home made egg rolls are da bomb! She makes these veggie ones that I like that are nice and spicy. She came with a tray of them. It was funny watching those that can handle the spice make sure and get their spicy snack. lol  The rest...went home with me!
The remainder of my weekend was a movie marathon of which there were a few movies that I felt just totally weren't even worth my time. An hour and a half of time that I will never get back. lol Oh well.

I must say though...that the highlight of my weekend was actually having brunch with my son. That came about after he noticed that I had changed my Facebook profile picture to be one of the both of us. I did that in honor of his 23rd birthday that he will be celebrating this week. My how time flies! So, when he offered to take me to breakfast....I jumped at that. Oh yeah. It may not seem like much but when your kids gets older and spending time with them is not something you do on the regular, you really get to appreciate what you get. We went to a place called Eggsmart. They seem to be popping up all over the place I notice. I'm more of a Cora's girl but Eggsmart was ok. It reminded me a bit of those off the highway diners you see truckers stop at on television. lol Breakfast is served all day, and it wasn't bad. Not as fruity as Cora's. lmao. I had a spinach omelet with feta cheese. Mmmm. The service though...at least at the one we went to...was horrible.

Another countdown i'm on....the countdown to my Zoo Run. Yup...10k this weekend! This is the last stretch!! I'm not feeling as prepared as I usually am though. My training hasn't been as intense. Call it laziness! But, i'll get it done! I'm looking forward to the bling. Wish my hubby was there though. My absolute best run so far was the Toronto Yonge St 10k that he actually ran with me. lol I had something to prove to him as well as myself. At least I thought so. And..I did it. Ran the whole thing without stopping and almost passed out at the finish. lol This one...I dunno. We'll see. He'll be with me in spirit. You know what though....i'll get to see some animals hopefully. Yay. I haven't been to the Toronto Zoo since my kids were small.

OASIS ZOO RUN 2012
Hope the 2012 one is as nice.
.ZooRun Map 2010: 10k
This is supposed to be one of the most scenic runs in Toronto. So, i'm looking forward to it.
Ready or not...here I come! lol

So...this week should be a pretty busy one for me starting with another hang out night with mom and auntie. Mom called me bright and early this morning to make sure I was still coming. lmao The only night when I don't really have plans is Thursday. lol Guess I will use that one to pick up my Race Kit and try to run any other errands I might have in preparation for my upcoming travels. Shhh.

Oh...and I have my First Anniversary coming up!! Woo Hoo!!  We are at 11 months, 1 week and 4 days being married.  You know..in case you haven't noticed the ticker at the top of my blog. hahaha

I'm not sure exactly what we are doing although I have an idea based on what we discussed. All I know is that there is something that I want to get for my husband that I gotta get out there and find. I hate shopping. Wish me luck.




Have an awesome week people!

I'll end on a song that I was introduced to last week that I absolutely love!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...