Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Certified!

I know there are several people that might read this and think that Yeah, I am. Lol. (So i'm told) But, they wouldn't be referring to what I am talking about. Nope, they are probably thinking more along the lines of Sharon Newman going to Fairview Psychiatric Hospital on the Young & The Restless. Lol.

Well... They are wrong. Far from it. Hahaha.

Now I may need to be certified if some people keep doing and/or not doing certain things that I ask them to do/not to. Ugh! Bahaha For real though.

But seriously... Today I got officially certified to perform First Aid/CPR by Rescue 7. And, learned how to use a defibrillator should there be one available to use. Thanks, to the company I work for. Interesting stuff. It was really just a refresher/crash course. I had taken a more extensive First Aid Course, thanks to my same company, many many years ago given by St John Ambulance. However, you are supposed to take a refresher apparently every few years. That...I didn't do. So, i'm happy that I got one today. A requirement of my now being a part of our Health and Safety team in the office.

God forbid I ever have to use what I learned today. I've been lucky to have never been placed in a position to have to use my old training. Like the instructor said though , its something you learn that you hopefully will NEVER have to use. That would be just fine with me. While I may now be trained, i'm not sure exactly how I would react in an emergency that might require life saving efforts. Ie. Heart Attack, Choking, etc. Especially alone. Furman seems to know though. He knows me. I certainly don't want to have to ever prove him right or wrong. At the same time, i'm sure that God would be right there with me if I had to take action.

Now, should there be a situation that involves lots of blood? I'm sorry, trained or not, I don't do well with blood. lol In fact, there was a time I cut my index finger washing a glass in the kitchen sink. It sliced my finger pretty good. I still have the scar. Anyways, the cut was deeper than I've ever had, and my first instinct was to go into the bathroom and run some water over the cut so I could bandage it up. Well the water started to wash some of the blood away so I could get a good look at the cut. While it was still bleeding,...I think shock kicked in. My legs started to get all wobbly and I started to sweat real hard as I got light headed. If I remember correctly, I might have been captured by someone else coming to aid me as I was ready to pass out. lol It could have been bad. I ended up sitting on the floor holding my bleeding finger while getting myself together to go to the hospital. In hindsight, it really wasn't that bad. I'm not sure why I got soo woosey. I can laugh about it now but it wasn't funny at the time. Just makes me wonder what my reaction would have been if it had been worse than a decent finger cut. I did end up getting a few stitches though. But no, I didn't take an ambulance to the hospital. hahahaha
Thank God my children weren't the rough and tumble type. Then again, maybe that would have helped me build a tolerance to stuff like blood and vomit. Oh well, today was a good day. Always love learning new stuff.



After all, you just never know when you may be in the right time at the right place. God willing. Or maybe I should say God forbid? I'm just happy that I've learned something that can help someone else. Now...let me go study this book so that I can learn some other stuff that wasn't covered in class.

Have a great evening friends.

1 comment:

  1. just linked this article on my Facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.


    Certified Home Aide in New Jersey NJ

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...