Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Family Matters - Conflict

My Wednesday night just got busy and I couldn't be happier.
Just wish my hubby was here to join me. But, like he says "Soon Come". lol

Now that the summer is over our regular programming has commenced at Cedarview Community Church.

This, is what I have to choose from.

Well, I've been thinking for some time now that it would be nice to get to know some more people from my church, my neighborhood. So, I decided that I would start getting involved in the Married's Ministries. It seems that aside from some awesome lessons, that they do some really neat and fun stuff too. In fact, after my upcoming Zoo Run I will be attending my first Married's Social, although I will be solo since Furman is still in Miami. That's ok though. It allows me an opportunity to meet some neat people and warn them about my crazy and fun loving husband. hahaha  Jk Jk

Anyways....I got a PVR at home that is set to record all the awesome shows that I like to watch. That being said, there really is no good reason why I can't go to church to learn more about Gods Word and socialize with some awesome people. So, that's what I did. 

Wednesday evening before class the church serves "Supper at Cedarview". I went for that. All the tables are set up in the gym. Yes...my church has a gym. Something that amazed me when I first started going there. For some of you, that may be no big deal. lol But how like a school is that? We've got classrooms and everything. A great learning environment with great teachers. Teach? That is certainly what they do!

Anyways, as I was saying, the Supper is an awesome opportunity to meet other members of the church and introduce those that may be new. Like our class leader said last evening in class, sometimes you can meet people that have been going to the church for like 20yrs and you may have never seen them because the church is so big. Now you see....there are other benefits to going to the Supper and Discipleship Classes than hearing God's Word, although that is the absolute best part. 

My Wednesday Core Group Class: 
  I will certainly be looking him up on YouTube.

Here are my Study Notes:
(sorry they weren't that neat as I never thought about sharing them till after).

Hopefully you can get the gist of our lesson which was basically the first part of this DVD series.
FAMILY CONFLICT.  Boy...what a way to start! Next Lesson...ESCAPING CONFLICT. You know i'll be back! lol Notice how the Bible verses are soo relevant to yesterday, today and tomorrow. Over the next several weeks we are watching the DVD series in parts and discussing in class, which leads to some interesting and insightful conversation I am. I had to laugh a few times because listening to my class leader was almost like listening to my husband. Who knew? lol

But yeah...I'm really seeing why we are supposed to turn to God's Word for everything. It's all in there! No wonder the Bible is called the Greatest Book of All Time!

In class...big focus on pondering before you do or say things to avoid conflict. (Prov 4:26)
While everyone was talking about and/or giving examples of how people create conflict by not pondering at all or enough, I was thinking "I certainly don't have that problem". lol In fact, my problem has always been pondering too much. Seriously! I have a degree in Psychology/Sociology which I blame totally for my overthinking. hahaha And, I've never been a confrontational person so I ponder a lot about the outcome of things, why there is a conflict in the first place and make a decision about whether it's important enough to discuss. Yeah..I choose my battles for the most part. As a result, I'll keep things to myself and then blow up. How many of us do that? But luckily, very few people have been at the end of that one. Always working on becoming a better person. I already understand how my habit of pondering too much can also create conflict. Furman never likes when I'm thinking too much. lol 

In Wednesdays lesson I didn't have to reflect on any conflict with my hubby because Furman and I are very good at being on the same page. He knows me like nobody ever has. The kids...well we handle conflict ok as long as there is two way communication which is what I always try to teach my kids. Why is there a conflict? What can we do to fix it? Valuable questions!! So, in relation to the lesson, I could only think of conflict that I have with people outside of my home. Conflict that seems never ending. These Bible verses certainly apply and had me thinking. James MacDonald said, sometimes family will say hurtful things that others would never say. (Prov 26:21) He ain't lyin! Right in the Bible....adding fuel to the fire. Anyone innocent of this one? Oh...and I know there are many other verses he didn't mention that also relate. (Prov 18:19) That's me, the offended! I know personally how much negative conflict can build barriers and that by not measuring our words conflict is not easily fixed. Horrible things said can never be taken back. Thank God for me, any conflict I have with anyone is not in my household. (Prov 11:29) That being said, the attitude toward fixing the conflict is completely different. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be fixed, it's just not high on the list of priorities if on the list at all. Given to God. 

All in all...It was an awesome class. I'm so glad I went and like I said, looking forward to the next class. I'm already trying to figure out how to get caught up on the classes I'll miss when I'm out of town for our First Anniversary. Lol

Front CoverOh... And I started studying the book by Joyce Meyers BATTLEFIELD OF THE MIND yesterday too. Bought it when I went to her conference last year but while I started it, I never finished. Hmmmm? Wonder why? I guess I just wasn't ready. Now, I have a study guide to assist (someone at work gave me) so I picked it up again and this time dove right in. I am hearing lots of great things about this book so really looking forward to getting through it. I've already read about our Strongholds, identified some of my own, and how we need to use the Word of God to tear them down. Yup...the Mind is definitely a Battlefield. The Devil is a liar!

I'll follow up to share what else i've learned either from class or this book. After all, if it can help me...i'm sure it can also help you.

Hope you are having a great week.
The weekend is just around the corner!
No updates from Immigration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...