Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Running Season Over

Well, I did it!

Completed the Oasis Zoo Run 10k with a chip time of 1:10:52 I might add. Not my best time but considering I've been lazy with the training lately, and that my biggest supporter couldn't be there.... I did pretty good. I got it done!  It was a very nice route, even in the drizzling rain. Yup...at least it wasn't pouring. At times it was as if I was really running through the rain forest. Very beautiful. I definitely want to get back to the Zoo for a visit to really check the place out. Naturally, running through it, I didn't get to see too much. When the race ended, I was too exhausted to stick around and take advantage of my tour opportunity. That, would be like completing a half marathon and I wasn't ready for that. Oh no....my legs felt like rubber and my feet were sore. lol

The Zoo will have to wait.


On that note....that was my last scheduled run for the year. Thank goodness. It's starting to get a bit cold outside. Mind you, i'd be open to travelling somewhere warm to run. lol I'm just saying.

A look back, I completed this year:
Starbucks Women's Run 10k
Spartan Sprint
Mud Hero
Oasis Zoo Run

Not bad I'd say. My goal now...to maybe be able to complete my first Half Marathon for 2013. Right now, just a thought. lol But, with my legs still sore from the run...i'll move off of that thought for a while. lol

This weekend also, I attended my very first Cedarview Marrieds Social. Thankful to the couple that held the social at their home that gave us the opportunity we received. Had a nice time, met some great people. We had a great bonfire burning and a table full of snacks and stuff to make smores. What's a bonfire without smores right? Now, I can say that I've been to Pefferlaw and that I have milked a goat too. No..seriously. lol Don't have any photos to share though. lol But I did it...I really did. It was quite the experience. Makes me wonder now if milking a cow would be easier or more difficult. lol That poor goat must have felt violated after a while. Our leader was the first that said he would be interested in learning how to do it. I followed. Why not? I'm always up for trying something new. Next thing you know...almost all of us took a turn. That's why I say the goat must have felt violated...lol All those different hands on her. If I knew i'd be attempting to milk a goat though, I might have done a bit of research first. lol So..for your instructional purposes...I've decided to share a Youtube video that I found that clearly would have helped me but shows what I actually learned to do and did.. lol


Anyways...had a pretty good weekend i'd say. Now..I've got a bunch of things to do to prepare to surprise someone very special. Can't say any more than that, other than that I am very excited. This week is going to be an absolutely awesome one and i'll praise God for bringing me to it. 

On that note, i'll bid adieu.

I got things to do. Today is ONE OF THOSE DAYS!

 RIP Whitney Houston

Hope you all had an awesome and blessed weekend and are ready for a wonderful week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...