Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Mud Heros

Yes..we are!!

What an awesome weekend!

See the BLING! Woo Hoo!                                                        And the gear that came with our Bibs


And here is our.....
BEFORE                                                   and                    AFTER shot.  hahahaha
                            

Oh yes...we got muddy..just like we asked for.  It was soo much fun. Furman did his GoPro video but it seems that there was some condensation on the lens from the heat that made the video look kind of foggy. It was a hott day on Saturday. I personally think the video is fine. But, Furman doesn't like it because it's not clear. So...I wont have a video to show. For my friends on Facebook, I shared a few funny clips I took with my iPhone. lol Sorry blog readers. But let me just say..if you've never done anything like this...go for it! It was certainly an experience. I am soo proud of my cousin Michelle for doing it with us. As well, I am super proud of my friend Paula who came out to be crazy too. We kind of lost her in the race but waited to cheer on her finish. Something like this was a first for both of them. We had a great team of people actually - about 10 of us. Of course my partner in crime, Catie, was there and she was able to bring along a few of her friends. We all wore white t-shirts but thanks to my cousin Michelle who actually managed to get a few of them printed as shown in the photo above. "WARNING. I LIKE IT REAL DIRTY". hahahaha  True True. lol

Mud Hero wasn't as tough as the Spartan Sprint as the Spartan required more strength for the obstacles (think Mud Hero had more obstacles)...but Mud Hero was definitely a dirty mess...a complete blast. I am certainly not bruised like I was with Spartan. I wish I had trained harder for it though. lol I guess with Furman getting ready to head back to Miami that I will have nothing but time on my hands to get my workout in. Yeah...because now, my legs are sore from not working out as much as I usually do. I gotta get back to that though because my next race is the Zoo Run. lol I haven't been to the Zoo in years...so this is one way to see it...running through it doing a 10k. All by my lonesome this time. I'll just have to make some friends.

Funny thing happened at Mud Hero.....Furman came across several strangers that actually recognized him from Spartan. lmao Seriously! I'm like are you kidding me? My man is a superstar! lol No, really...several different people came up to him because they remembered seeing him at the Spartan Race and/or had seen his YouTube video of us doing the Spartan. Furman's Spartan Sprint Video lol It wouldn't surprise me if they look for a Mud Hero video from him. lol Sorry people, next time I guess.

Anyways....I'm about to go to bed. Gotta drop my husband to the airport on my way to work tomorrow. Figured that I would blog tonight as opposed to tomorrow because I might be feeling 'blah' at the temporary loss of my husband. Traveling Mercies to him. Looks like Isaac has found somewhere else to go that may not affect his travel home. Thank God.

I'm going to try and keep busy while he is gone though.
I have a movie date for Tuesday and promised mom that i'll go to Bingo with her sometime this week too. She also invited me to go to the C.N.E (The Ex) with her on Saturday. She mentioned that she is supposed to go with my sister though. How can I tell my mom No? lol She was shocked when I told her YES. hahaha She was like 'Really?' Nope...nobody will keep me from hanging out with my mom when she asks me to hang out with her if I can help it. So....Saturday should be interesting if it ends up being me, my mom AND my sister. (Considering my sister and I don't have a relationship, for those who don't know). I'll pray about it, cause Lord knows..... She might cancel when she finds out i'm going. Or, she might bring her husband for...? Well, we'll just have to wait and see now wont we. lol

Oh..before I go I'll let you know that a post I read on the Road To Canada Forum has definitely given me a bit more patience on this immigration thing. Apparently one of the users who has almost completed the process and is ready to Land commented 'Never believe E-CAS it's the devil and I'm quite sure it was developed to drive us all insaneNuts'. lol  They said that because the website still shows their file as Application Received just like ours. Yet, they've been approved and have gone through all the steps except landing. Go figure! So..that makes me feel a bit better because i've been checking the website for updates almost on a daily basis. At least now I know that I may possibly never get an update till this thing has been completed. lol That sucks...but gives me a sense of hope that stuff is still happening. Like I mentioned before...we might receive the request for Furman's passport while he is in Miami. lol We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Going to miss my honey!
My house wont be the same without him.
I'm sure his mom will be thrilled to have him home for a while though. lol Love her!

                                           :ڽ�b� �k'�

Traveling Mercies!
It's not Good Bye...It's SEE YA LATER ALLIGATOR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...