Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Already Making Plans


                                              

And I am already making our plans for the weekend. WooHoo!



We will be there Saturday morning (see video) meeting up with some friends. Thanks girl for telling us about it. We would have never known. This, is right up Furman's alley too! I like Expos. I like FREE stuff. I like learning new stuff too. And, it's nice to do stuff that other people are interested in doing with you. Not that I don't love hanging out with just Furman and I...but you know, sometimes it's good to hang out with other awesome people. So, just like Caribana Weekend, we'll meet up with our friends and check this out together!!

After spending several hours at the Expo, we plan to head to Brantford to meet up with one of Furmans friends. We'll probably find somewhere in Brantford to have a nice dinner and hang out before we head back home. Any recommendations? I don't know Brantford at all, but I've been there. The family that adopted one of my sisters lives out there. She may too still....who knows? But I'm sure they've got a few nice places to eat out there. We'll find something. Any recommendations, let us know.


The CNE opens this weekend, otherwise known as The Ex, for it's 134th year! Imagine that. The opening of the CNE is always a sign that summer is almost over. I remember going there as a little girl with family. In fact, there were several years where I lived with my mom and we actually lived only a few blocks from The Ex. lol Memories! We used to go to the Ex so the adults could play the games like Crown n Anchor and Horseraces. I always had to play the Birthday game! For me, the Ex was never really about the rides but about the games and the Food Building. Canada's Wonderland is about the rides. Polar Express was the only CNE ride I liked.


But yeah, love the Food Building where you could get so much variety at decent prices. The last several years it seems like they've been trying out a lot of weird food stuff too. Like deep fried butter. Oh boy. Hamburgers where the bun is actually a Krispy Kreme donut. (so I guess it's called a Donut Burger). lol  I think I even remember hearing about deep fried koolaid once. WTH? I certainly wont be trying anything funky if I go. Trying to watch my waistline. lol
                                                                                Click on the Food Building link above for the list of what will be new for this year.

I'm not sure yet if we'll get to The Ex this year. I'd like to go just because Furman has never been there for the CNE, but...we gotta get our use of our Wonderland seasons passes that Furman bought. We'll see. At this point it's getting harder to plan what to do before Furman leaves me on August 27th. (Remember we have Mud Hero on the 25th). I'm already thinking that we gotta squeeze in another trip to Wonderland on Sunday after church. Just, so we can get our second visit for our money's worth in those passes. We'll see about that too. It's only Wednesday..who knows what our final plans for the weekend will be by Friday.

Anyways...I got to get back to work. It's Hump Day. I got things to do!
I've been Prime at my office building for another year of our Backpack Program. Backpacks are finally starting to come in and/or get filled. I've got a bit more to do than just my core job. lol
Every year our company runs a program where we collect donations from the employees across the province to fill a backpack for underprivileged children. Since I am always volunteering for different things, I am known around our building as the "go to" person for different stuff. This is one of them. The employees really come through. It's quite awesome. The company provides the backpacks and just solicits the donations to fill them. Sometimes though, the employees will actually purchase the backpack also, which is fine too. We give a target date for collection which all comes to me and I ensure that all backpacks are filled with the list of what we ask the bags to be filled with. Once completed, I arrange for pickup or drop off of the backpacks usually to an agency that works with other agencies for distribution. For example, Windfall Basics. Back to school is just around the corner...so I am hoping to have everything collected so I can arrange delivery next week. Why am I telling you this? Well, so that you can see the kind of stuff that I am always upto. Whether at work or at home, I always try to do something a little extra for other people. Fill a Backpack, Food Drives. Besides, it gives me something to do other than work while at the office.

No Immigration updates!!  Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...