Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I'm In Trouble Now

Uh Oh.....Furman has created his Red Velvet Cheesecake he said he wanted to try. He was quite successful I might add. It looks and tastes sooo good. I'm in trouble now!

   He topped it off with white chocolate crumbs.

Soo....I'm back on the bike. lol Well, I was getting back into my workouts anyways because I have Mud Hero to complete at the end of the month. There is a total of about 10 of us doing it this time so it should be even more fun. I think Furman's video of our Spartan Sprint was a seller. lol  ENCORE!

                                    

Even though the Red Velvet Cheesecake was the highlight of my long weekend (and the Men's 100m Olympic race), lol I guess I'll mention a bit about the Caribana Scotiabank Toronto Caribbean Carnival that we attended on Saturday. It was nice. A long day. We didn't head down there till mid day which had Furman concerned because I told him the Parade was supposed to start around 10:30am. Before heading to the parade we had to stop off at my moms house to clean up her apartment though. 

A follow up to Above Some Heads For Mom. They took action. They sure did! Almost immediately after I contacted them they had three different inspectors out to moms apartment to investigate my complaints. As a result, they issued an order for building management to take action immediately to fix my mothers kitchen walls. Supposedly she will be getting brand new cupboards but that wont be till closer to the end of the year I am told. For now, they had her walls plastered and painted as a temporary fix that looks much much better than it had in years. Funny thing was, that when the inspectors went to the building to speak with management about seeing my mother's apartment, the neighbor who has been my watchful eye was there with my mother. Turns out that the Superintendant happily instructed them (Public Health Dpmt) to please have a look at my mothers excrement infested balcony while they were at it. LMAO The neighbor was telling me how she was grinning and told the Superintendant that he clearly didn't get my message about My Momma Love Us...More. Oh yeah. That weasel! What nerve! Womp Womp! Happy that Furman and I took action immediately on that balcony. Looks good on him. Think he forgot that my mother has a loving daughter that dotes her mom. lol  Anyways...we got the apartment cleaned up.  It had been dusted by all the recent plastering. Everything had been out of the cupboards and also dusted because they had not been covered while the work was being done. We got the dishes all washed up, cleaned the floors and everywhere the dust went while mom was at her favorite place - Bingo. But, we had stopped to see her at Bingo on the way downtown. She had a little gift she wanted to give her granddaughter for her 17th birthday.  Since my daughter hasn't been around, she wasn't going to see her to give it to her herself, so I collected it on my daughters behalf.

After the cleanup we met up with my good friend and her family and head to the parade together. Parked the car and took public transit together. Love hanging out with them. At the end of the day I had to apologize to Furman for telling him that the parade would be about 3 hours. LMAO What was I thinking? Has it been that long? I was clearly wayyyy wrong. We got down there about 1pm and didn't leave till about 7pm and the parade was STILL GOING. hahahaha Can you imagine if we were down there for like 10am? We didn't see the beginning. We didn't see the end.  We saw enough. lol Like Furman said...it was like putting in a day's work! I didn't run into anybody I know which sometimes happens. But we had a good day. Walked a LOT! It was hella hot outside too. Toronto Celebrates Caribbean Carnival - CityNews. Heard there were several that fainted from heat exhaustion. People not hydrating enough. The perfect day for people watching. The things people wear!! Good Lord. Anything goes for all shapes and sizes. Seriously! From what I heard, females dressed just as badly in the nightclubs too. lol Why am I not surprised? 

All good things must come to an end. Back on the grind at work. Unfortunately, no immigration updates. So, we keep waiting. One thing I am no longer waiting for is answers to something that had been bothering me the last few months. Nope...got some insight this weekend. It helps to move forward when you have an understanding of things no matter how painful those things may be. 

                                      

Special thanks to my hubby for being my ROCK and for our dear friend that keeps reminding me of this prayer.  Love you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...