Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Friday, August 10, 2012

It's That Time Again

Oh God, thank you for Friday
Oh thank you heavenly Father

Ok...no clubbing for me..but i'm still happy it's Friday! lol I'll jam in the car to and from work.

It's that time again...So Special - Winning. It's our weekend to head down with our church and feed the homeless tomorrow. Something we love to do. And of course, I have my Ladies Prayer Breakfast to attend first. Looks like it will be a rainy weekend though. So there is not much else I want to do but chill out with my husband.

I extended an invite to one of my daughters friends to join us in feeding the homeless. She is an awesome girl (very grounded) and I think it would be a great experience for her if she was able to attend. Not to mention that she would be able to knock off some of the required volunteer hours that she needs to graduate anyways. But, she is going to try and come with us in October when we do it. She already has an engagement to attend already. Furman and I are regulars and will definitely be there rain or shine. I think they'd actually miss us if we weren't there. hahaha (miss Furman actually) Not the homeless...the people from our church that we feed the homeless with will miss him. haha  Can't disappoint them. We're doing desserts this time. Then, next time we feed the homeless we are doing dinner again and that's when Furman and I will be filling in as the "Go To" people. I was very honored to be asked to fill in for this position by those who are usually in charge. Like I said, Furman and I are regulars so they know that they can count on us. It's a nice feeling to be counted on.

This weekend though, we'll have to skip our routine of visiting mom after feeding the homeless. Turns out that she actually got an invite to spend the night at my sisters house. Will be her first time. I'm sure i'll hear all about it after the weekend. Mom tells me everything. In a way, I guess i'm also her BFF. I'm just happy that my mom is getting some love that she deserves. Can never hate on that! One can never receive too much love. By now, you should be able to tell from several of my posts how much I love my mom. She is a special woman who has been through soo much. And you know what...our trials and tribulations make us that much more awesome. I've always wanted to make her proud in the back of my mind, whether she was aware of things I've done and accomplished or not. I know i've done it - made her proud. We have something special.

This is mom. I've posted photos of her before but this is of her all spiffed up for my sisters recent wedding that she had been invited to attend. Mom looked beautiful. Not sure what was up with her hair though. Maybe it was for a vintage look? Who knows? She looked nice nonetheless, with that oh so familiar look on her face. They, whoever, did a good job with her overall. Kudos to you if you are reading this. But mom is always beautiful to me anyways, because I have wonderful memories of her when she was younger and "Ready to go!" lol When I look at her, I see the vibrance and life she used to have. The woman locked inside who she is today. I love her to death! Hope they have a great weekend with my girl! She'll call me when she returns.

Yeah...it's going to be a chill out weekend, with my continued exercising of course. Two more weeks to train for Mud Hero. I've been working on my cardio, but now that we've figured out a work around for my Ab DVD (it hasn't been working properly in my player), I can get back to the tummy. Get rid of some of that Red Velvet Cheesecake I was eating. Be ready for this....


Yup....that will be us...August 25th!!

Have an awesome weekend people!
God Bless and...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...