Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Funny Things Happened

New Passport Received! Took exactly 7 days.
Was that quick or was that quick? Impressed.
So, I sent off an email to CIC as the Immigration website seemed to direct me to. Just to ask them to update my name on my application since it's supposed to reflect the name on my passport, which is now my married name.  I was a bit confused as to who I should be notifying, CIC in Mississauga or the Visa office in Los Angeles that is supposed to be processing Furman's part of our application. Hopefully, just getting my email and having to look at our application for the update will give someone an "Ah ha" moment and move our application along. lol We'll see. At this point it looks like our getting that final decision might happen while Furman is back home in Miami. At least I hope so because it's been long enough already. You see the counter to the right of this blog? Yeah...so we'll see.

Soooo...Furman had a great time at The Ex with mom and my Auntie as I knew he would. He got to really see how my mom is and how people so easily take advantage of her. She is soo damn kind. lol That's where I get it from! And he saw my mom in action collecting the freebies, only to send home with him...for ME! hahahaha

                                     

Then....we went to see Creflo Dollar at Roy Thompson Hall and heard an awesome service. He was really good. I was impressed and enjoyed his message very much. He even had a Christian comedian open for him which was different. Comedy with no cuss words. They also were throwing t-shirts into the crowd like at concerts...Furman caught one with his right hand like he was catching a baseball at a ballpark. It was too funny.

Maybe the word HATE is too harsh. lol
Funny thing that happened that night was that as we walked into the auditorium to see Creflo I ran into someone that I used to know. No, not my sister. I ran into a girl that I had been friends with for about 25 yrs. Unfortunately, when Furman and I got back together she decided to no longer be my friend for like the 10th and last time. Go figure. Misery loves company and I wasn't miserable anymore...that's all. My interpretation. We no longer had anything in common. Not that we really did in the first place. We were really quite the opposites and always had been. She decided she didn't want to be friends and had given me a letter terminating our friendship. Smh. No comment. Then, she had my part time employment at her workplace terminated, because after deciding to not be my friend anymore it was too hard for her to work around me. Second and last time she did that too! First time she fired me was after I defended my sister after a disagreement she had with her over a vehicle. lol (A bunch of long stories here) Let me just say that it's been a couple years since we spoke or even saw each other and when I saw her at Creflo Dollar I had every intention of just passing her by with a smile and a nod. Wrong or not, I was doing it. She wasn't having it though and got a bit stink about my attempt too. lol (She's always been the in your face type which used to be something I liked about her. lol) She pulled me over for me to allow her to hug me and then she hugged and congratulated Furman. Guess she heard we got married! lol Nothing else was said. Was just strange to see her there. Like I've said before..it's a small world. lol

Saturday, the Canfitpro Fitness and Wellness Expo was interesting. I have a bag full of information and samples of protein and protein bars to go through. lol Lots of walking. Even ran into some people I know. Kinda like family. Readers of my blog. We listened to a few lectures and even watched what was supposed to be a Best Body Contest. lol No comment. They threw t-shirts and protein into the audience and Furman caught some stuff. Just like he did at Creflo Dollar. I couldn't catch a damn thing. lol Had fun though. I got on a bike where you had to peddle as fast as you can against someone else for 30 seconds to win a t-shirt and peddled my ass off! My score wasn't captured for some reason. Guess I broke the machine. They gave us both the t-shirt. A good one too. Dry fit I think it's called. Really wish I got the score though cause I was peddling man! Got my first Thai Massage too and after listening to Tommy Europe speak on fitness, I got his autograph before leaving for the day. Just because...I was there. lol
 Wore my Spartan Race t-shirt with my yoga pants because I had to fit in somehow. lol Furman said that everyone would be wearing yoga pants anyways and he wasn't joking. People were prepared with their workout clothes and yoga mats because they had tons of workshops and fitness certifications going on. It was a good day.

Oh yeah...Got this done too!
                                   
After the show we headed out to Brantford as planned and I got to meet one of Furman's friends and her family. Very nice lady. We ate at Crabby Joe's. Wasn't too bad. Got an invite to see them again in Windsor. Looking forward it. She said she makes a mean lasagna! I love lasagna. My Aunt Bonnie can attest to that.

Today, we went to church as we always try to do. Then...we hit that Canada's Wonderland baby! Took care of our second visit! And...we remembered to travel with the collector cup we bought on our last visit there. $10 for the 32 oz cup allows you refills of drink for $1.99. So, we brought it back with us for the refills. Pretty smart if you ask me. lol Got wet this time, but that was the plan. Oh yeah...we got on the White Water Canyon ride, Timberwolf Falls and Riptide with the friends we love to hang out with. They met us at Wonderland just like they met us for the Expo. We even got on the bumper cars. hahaha Haven't been on those in ages.

Funny thing that happened at Wonderland was our running into my son's aunt. What was funny about it was that she found me by recognizing my husband first. Seriously!! A man she never met. She had obviously seen my photos of him posted on Facebook. Too funny! What a superstar that Furman. haha

Now...to get ready for the last week before our Mud Hero and Furman's departure back to Florida.
Man oh man! I want to think about Mud Hero but not about his leaving. My house wont be the same with him absent. Trust me on that one! But hey...I got my new passport now so I can start firming up those anniversary plans once and for all. 1 yr baby..just around the corner!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...