Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Friday, March 2, 2012

Being Delivered!!!

As I write, my husband is being delivered to me by American Airlines and my excitement I can hardly contain. I swear I woke up every few hours to check the clock. But it wasn't that time yet. lol
  I posted this picture to show the beautiful sky. To me, that is God watching over him to make sure he gets to me safely!

I am down to counting down the hours now till I leave my office and hit the road to scoop him up!! Anxiously awaiting the first sight of him with his suitcase as he waits in the Arrivals pick up zone at the airport for me to get him. Will his hair be up? Will his hair be down?  However he has it that first sight of him has always given me the tummy flutter...lol (Even when I have a clue what he'll look like because he's posted photos of him on the way to the airport via Facebook).
The butterflies just reminds me of the first time we met, when I traveled to Miami way back on October 12th, 2001. Seems like a decade ago. But wait...lol....it was! Anyways, I was nervous like you wouldn't believe. After all, I had seen photos of him online but this was the first time we were meeting in person. Yup...I remember standing by the baggage carousel watching bags go around waiting for my bag while secretly trying to scope out my surroundings for view of him. Would he look just like his photos?

  Hmmmm.....This is what I had online to go by in 2001.  Oh yes indeed!

Then, I saw him standing not too far from me leaning against a wall with one knee up, his hair down, wearing jeans and an orange University of Miami jersey. OMG....He looked so sexy!  lol  And you know I made sure he could spot me. Had a cute pair of sandal heels on with a cute black skirt, all I remember. I giggle like a schoolgirl just thinking of that day. (I actually still have that jersey too. He gave it to me to keep) I didn't let on that I had seen him that day either. Nope, I tried to play it cool and kept waiting for my bags while waiting to see if he would approach me or if I had to approach him.  He approached me if I remember correctly. Oh man. Memories!! 
I had that same nervousness when he visited me for the first time after 6 years of not seeing each other on March 20th, 2009. Would he look the same? I wondered. And Voila!! There he was that day too, but this time in My city. He came to see me looking just as sexy as he did the first day we met. He aged gracefully, just like me.

Now...I got my Man!! After all that had been written in the pages of life between then and now. God is sooo good. This man is now my Husband and he is coming home! We can wait for Canadian Immigration TOGETHER!  We can enjoy life and do everything TOGETHER!  It brings tears to my eyes knowing that I will forever have this man by my side to comfort me when I feel down, to drive me nuts when he feels like it lol, to take care of me, to be my partner in everything and just to Love me like nobody has ever loved me before. (Not to mention what I will do for him) And, to show my children what real love really is and how God works everything out according to His purpose.  Yup...I can't help but shed a tear because for a while I figured I was getting up there in age and it was never going to happen for me, let alone with Furman the man I always had a torch for. But, we reconnected online.....and I swear I wasn't stalking him. This time, I was just offering my friendship to someone I thought was in need at the time and God did the rest.  I am so happy I didn't meet him in a bar, or at church, or on the street....nope, I love our story. To me, it Glorifies God and shows how good He truly is.

Keeping Track. lol There's an APP for that!
   
Halfway here!!

Anyways.....i'm gonna rush out of here soon but I forgot my darn wedding dress that I was planning to drop off for preservation. It's still hanging on my laundry room door. :(  Oh well.  So, I will casually head straight over to the airport for MY MAN and sit in the cellphone parking lot till he sends me that "I'm here" text!  I will say though, that i'm a bit nervous for him. It's not like he is coming for a week or two week vacation. He has a return scheduled for just before the allowed 6 month period. I'm just wondering if Customs/Immigration at the airport is going to give him a hard time. I mean gheez....just travelling for a week they ask you a million questions and give you uber attitude. Will there be any problems? Any delay?  You know what...the tons of questions I have in my head will only stress me out. So, i'm gonna just pray and leave it in God's hands that he will get through with a smile and a nod as always.....and into my loving arms. 

DON'T THEY KNOW WHO I AM?

When he get's through though, I have a little gift for him from my friends son that attended our wedding in Jamaica. He got him a welcome home Canadian Flag. lol This kid it too cute. You know i'll have to take a photo for him before Furman gets in the car. As for my gift....well, I'm it!!  hahahaha  No, but serious. :)

Don't worry, I will find time to blog while he is here. Can't keep everyone in suspense.  We still have to deal with Canadian Immigration for some permanency. But till that comes through, we will turn the pages and start the next chapter.

Jeremiah 29:11 - ""For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."" (NIV)



2 comments:

  1. Hows it going with ur man at home??!?! Will u really still have time to blog? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is going great. I am as happy as a pig in slop. lol I will definitely find time to blog. No worries..lol Still have to keep on top of what is going on with Immigration.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...