Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, March 19, 2012

Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

The quest for organization in my home continues....

I learned a very valuable skill this weekend that I absolutely must share to you all. Unless you all have been doing this already and i'm the one that just missed the memo. I must say that this is just one of the many things my husband has taught me thus far. This, is the art of rolling your clothes. Now I know this is nothing new as it has been something very popular with travel experts (like my hubby) and those in the military (like my hubby used to be too). But...it's new to me!  
I knew my husband rolled his clothes from witnessing the amount of items he was able to squeeze into his suitcase when he traveled. Mr Space Saver was always able to pack so much more than you could imagine. His suitcase always looked disgustingly neat too...lol  How? By rolling his clothes!  Seriously.  
The first time I saw him open his suitcase I was like WTH? 
(Now, I don't remember if I had this reaction the first time we dated many years ago. But, I've certainly taken notice of his neatness this time) 
 Please note that this photo isn't his bag because he doesn't wear pink heels..lol  But I had to show a photo example of what I'm talking about. Photo doesn't do his own packing skills justice though. lol But you get my idea i'm sure.  Avoid fees and hassles at the airport with a well packed bag!!

Anyways...while my husband loves to iron, rolling your clothes also helps to minimize wrinkles by keeping the garments from being crushed as well as keeping the surface of the garments clean. (And, who doesn't want to avoid ironing?) So, while I've been witness to how my husband packs his suitcase, while organizing our home yet some more, I've now witnessed how he organizes a drawer. When I saw him open the drawer to show me his unpacking, I was like "you got to be kidding me?"  lol 
But, there is method in his madness. I get him! I understand completely. I have to share!!
how to organize your clothes Well this isn't his drawer either...lol But it's a darn good example of what he does!!  Amazing, really.  Now that I look at this photo though, as I write I wonder, did he color coordinate too? lol Never caught that. But, you better believe i'll take a quick peek. :)

At first, I found it a bit anal..lol But I love it. I really do. I just refuse to roll underwear! Can you imagine? Rolling a thong? Everything else works though. This...is why I am sharing. I am sure that there are more Me's out there that can appreciate a little change of habit and the space that is created from that change.  By all means, if you are new to this and/or make a change yourself based on my suggestion and sharing of what I have now learned...please, let me know. It's always good to know i'm able to help somebody. I am certainly grateful to my husband for setting me on a better more organized path. If only we can get the kids to pick up this new habit!!  One thing at a time...one thing at a time.
 
So I ended my weekend learning how to roll! 
Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'

I'm not finished yet though. Gonna re-organize all my clothes in my drawer. While doing that, I can continue to go through and possibly get rid of many of the clothes that I've been holding onto for sentimental value. lol God Bless my Mother who is always giving me clothes from sales at her local thrift shop. But hey....love how she is ALWAYS thinking of me.  
Video Thumb
I refuse a lot when she tries to give me clothes because some of the items are way too small, way too big or just obvious why they were donated in the first place. Many I take because I feel like I've already refused too many and gotta take some. Then, I keep some around so that I can wear specifically when I see her and point out she gave the item to me. That makes her soo happy and I love to see her happy. Some, I hold onto with hopes that I can actually re-gift to her at a time when she might forget she gave to me. Lol  Sometimes that works out great but I got caught once, she remembered something. :) At the same time, sometimes I get something I just love. So yeah...I have a lot of clothes. In fact, I have three drawers full of clothes that I will only wear around the house or something. My new skill of rolling my clothes....is coming in handy! Already finding extra space that I definitely need now that my husband is home.

Oh....and while I used to laugh at one of my cousins that has a thing for shoes..I think I need to stop because I learned this weekend that I clearly have TOO MANY my darn self. I am soo happy Furman didn't start counting as he organized them for me too. Yup...had to go to Wal-mart to buy some bins for organizing. It was funny when we ran into an employee that recognized us from previous visits and commented on the amount of time we spend at Wal-mart. Oh boy.  Where we live though...there is not a whole lot of people of color so I can understand us being remembered. Besides...I think we are a hott couple anyways!  hahahaha  I'd remember us.
 LMFAO..Ok Ok....It wasn't as bad as this photo....but it could have been. We basically got a few large bins to separate shoes into Occasional Wear and Regular Wear. One of the closets looks awesome!  Other ones are still a work in progress but my husband is a genius!

Donated a few items that I had for years that held my shoes but just took up too much space. (Basically had them all thrown into an old toy chest) I just didn't realize how many I had till we pulled them out.
Now....I gotta figure out what to do with all the books I have. I've got too many of those too. Problem is...I haven't read them yet!! lol How can I get rid of them if I haven't read them? Working on it. Now don't get me wrong. I've got many books that I can probably get rid of:  my old study books from University (thought holding onto the Psychology books might be useful), and a crapload of Harlequin Temptation that were sent to me when I was a teenager suckered into the Columbia House Book Club. I even have a set of... Encyclopedia Brittanica. 
Yup...got suckered on those too when I was pregnant with my son in 1989. Just goes to show you how old they are (and what I sucker I was)....and....you can open them up today and still hear it creak from newness.  hahahaha  Anyone need an old set? Maybe I just need to sit down and watch an episode or two of Hoarders. Watching that show always makes me start throwing stuff out without a second thought..lmao

Well....that's it for my sharing today. But I thought that this bit of information would be very useful to someone. It sure is to me. Another reason to love my husband. He is not just a handsome face!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...