Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Weekend Ride

Highlight of the weekend was definitely our ride to Jackson's Point.  We had planned to do this with some friends several weeks ago. I needed a bicycle. Well not really. My friends had a bike I could borrow but I really rather have my own stuff so I was on the hunt. Furman, he was ready. His road bike is one of the things we drove across the border with, last year.

A friend from work took me to a local bike shop after work on Thursday when my dance class was cancelled. So, I was able to get an idea of what I might need. You know, since there are so many different types of bicycles. Lol. I didn't get one at the bike shop because Furman wasn't with me and I really wasn't sure about spending $500 on a bike. Yup, that was the cheapest they had.  So, on Friday after work Furman and I went to Crappy Tire Canadian Tire.  But, I found what I needed.  

I settled on a HYBRID. What the guy at the bike shop told me I was looking for anyways. After asking me a few questions of course.  For those who have no clue, like I didn't, a HYBRID is a cross between a mountain bike and a road bike. (Check out the link) Right up my alley - a mixed breed bicycle. lol 

Schwinn Hydra Men's 700C Hybrid BikeWhile I was lollygagging around the bicycles in the store to try and make my decision, I noticed another lady come and scope out the bicycle I had my eye on. A Schwinn.  There were only two left so I held onto the one closest to me just in case. Especially after she pointed out that the bicycle was on SALE. SALE?  Did somebody say SALE?  Lmao She wanted it bad. I was watching her. Turns out there was something wrong with the bike she was holding onto that made her change her mind on purchasing, after I confirmed I was buying the one I had. (Meanwhile, I really wasn't sure yet). It was minor blemishes that probably came from people test driving the bike in the store but she thought that maybe someone bought it and brought it back. Apparently, you can't even do that! I felt bad after she left without a bike and I changed my mind on the bike she could have had.  I ended up getting the men's Schwinn instead of the ladies' that I was holding onto.  Sorry lady. Furmans bike rack carries the bicycles by the bar so a ladies bicycle may have created a transport issue for us.  Maybe. I wasn't taking chances. And, there was nowhere to hold a water bottle on the ladies bike. 

Grabbed the bicycle and decided on a few accessories to go with it.  Something to hold a water bottle, bicycle gloves, LED lights and nice stainless steel pedals. Lol. I was on a roll.  What can I say? There was a SALE! lol While other customers struggles to fit their bicycle purchases in the trunks of their cars, Furman drove home (not too far) and got his bike rack so we could get the bike home with no issue. Then, he hooked it up.....ready for Saturday's ride.

Classic!!

Bright and early we were up, heading to Keswick - our starting point, where we met with friends.
Off we went! Jackson's Point here we come. Mind you, it was a first for us both. We had no clue where we were going, so we just followed our friends who did, on what turned out to be an absolutely beautiful ride. Along the lake. Thanks so much to them for sharing such a beautiful route with us.


There and back, was a total of about 43kms. Was really hot outside too. Burned about 1023 calories according to my MapMyRide App. When we reached our destination we all stopped for breakfast at a local breakfast restaurant before heading back. We'll definitely be doing that again.
Mind you, the butt was sore!!
Next time, I will be wearing padded shorts. Furman had his.


Didn't take any photos. Was focusing on my ride, trying to keep up.
43kms!  Not bad for a first bike ride i'd say. Proud of myself. So, I had to take a shot when I got back of me and my Johnny Schwinn. lol And yes, I was wearing a helmet during my ride. One that matched actually. lol

                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...