Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, July 8, 2013

So Far, So Good

Thought I would hit the pavement on Saturday for my long run.
It didn't quite work out as I had planned.
Oh...I ran. 
But, didn't get as far as I had wanted to and ran into another problem - The Heat!!
Gee...I seem to recall running into the same problem once before. 8 Miles
I thought I had learned from that lesson. That's why instead of running in the middle of the afternoon that I ran in the morning this time.
Well, it turns out that I didn't run in the morning quite early enough.
I was all excited and ready too!
Furman left for work and I hopped on the bike, Our New Addition, to warm up before my run. I was planning on trying to match my previous 8 Miles since I haven't been running as far since I got Injured on the Run.

Everything started out pretty good. No pain in my hip or anything, so I followed my usual route. After about 2 miles of running....the heat really started getting to me. But, I kept going. I was on a mission!
Then, I ran into a problem other than the heat.....a 5k Run was finishing up on the trails that I was using. A run I had no clue was evening happening in my neighborhood. So, my option was to try and find a way around them or turn around. (I really didn't want to run against the traffic) After running on the grass for a few seconds....I was like "Forget this!" lol I casually made the U-turn. The heat told me to! lol So, I ventured back the way I had traveled already. Wasn't sure if I was going to try and extend my run a different way or if I was going to head right home at that point. Honestly, I wasn't sure. But, the closer I got to home with the heat beating me up, the easier it was to make that decision. I started to walk at a few spots within my route. I felt delirious! I was soooo thirsty! I was scanning the area for some kind of water fountain. Doesn't the city have those anymore? WTH? And, I didn't bring any money to make a run into a store. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. lol I needed to be refreshed. I had visions of jumping into the little river for a cool down. lol Yup, I was that parched.
When I was finally off the trails and back onto the street for the last stretch of my run, I ran past a man that was in his driveway washing his car.
No...that's not him.
As I ran past him I was daydreaming about his water hose and how tasty that water would be. Was like being in a desert and seeing an oasis. I couldn't help myself. I made another U-turn! hahaha
"Excuse me! Is that cold water you are using?" hahaha
No lie....that's exactly what I asked the man.
When he answered me I asked if I could get a drink from his hose because I was dying. hahaha  Seriously!!
He obliged!
Let me tell you, that was the best damn water!! He must have thought for a minute that I wasn't going to give him back his hose. lol But, I did, and was on my way home. After all was said and done....hey, I got a tan! lmao

Classic!!

So yeah....even though I didn't get to run as far as I had planned, I'm still on track with my training and haven't had any pain. So far, so good. And now that my hubby has registered to run the 15k with me, we can train together. But I just wanted to share the story about my weekend run. lol Smh.
And, the lesson I re-learned.

Have an awesome week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...