Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Friday, July 5, 2013

Event Hostess

My new title!  Lol


I've taken on the role of Girlfriend Social Event Hostess.
(Volunteer Position)
My husband asked me why?  lol  I say, why not?
Somebody should do it.
It's my understanding that people have tried to set up events before I ame along, with little to no success.
So, I figure that I would take a shot at it.
Volunteer work is what I do. Helping others is what I like.
And....I'm trying to meet new people. Why not facilitate that myself while creating a setting to help others do the same? I'm just saying.

So....in this role I am to set up different events that women on the website may or may not be interested in attending for the purpose of meeting other women from Girlfriend Social. These can be things such as coffee meet and greets, dinner events, etc. I've been peeking into some of the posted events from other cities to get some ideas from other Event Hostesses. When you post an event you are supposed to give at very minimum, two weeks notice. 30 days is preferred because it obviously gives people time to plan. So, I've dived right in and set up a few things. I won't tell you what they are right now. Let's just say, I hope something works out. hahaha  I'll update you on that.  I will say, that it's encouraging when after only 24 hours of having posted an event that someone has signed up to attend. No lie! Thing is, will they show up? What do you think? Do you think i'll have any success? Share your thoughts. And, if you have any ideas that might help me, please feel free to share those too!

Not everybody is familiar with and comfortable with the online thing. lol Me, I met my husband and a few awesome people from the internet. So, I have success stories and see nothing wrong with it. I can use my experience to help others.

Now you know I couldn't resist sharing this Classic!
This was the tune back in the day! lol

Clearly, it would be easier to meet others in a group setting than one on one for many. There is a slight fear that some just can't get past. But....let's see how it goes.  Yeah Yeah.....I know i'm crazy. So what!


The other thing I noticed in reading several discussions is the trend of people that have been using the website for quite a while with no found success in building friendships with anyone. I wonder why that is? Everyone has a different reason for it.
My take:  lack of patience, not enough local members, fear, no local events to facilitate group meetings, lack of interest in follow through. There could definitely be a variety of reasons. Sometimes, it's all about attitude. lol My advice to anyone from the site encountering this issue and ready to give up: Don't!! Like I said to someone already, the friend you are waiting for probably hasn't registered on the site yet. lol

Hopefully, my efforts will not only help myself but help others. As I mentioned in a previous post, Verified (1), I have already met one person from the website that seems really nice. We'll see where that goes. And, I have yet to meet the very first girl I started communicating with on the site. We have kind of really hit it off and have been communicating a whole lot ever since via online and text messaging. I swear, it seems like we have been friends already for a long time and haven't even met in person yet. lol But, we'll see. I should be meeting her real soon.

Anyways, it's Friday.....and in a short while I will be ready to start the weekend.
Not quite sure yet what i'll be up to.
You just never know.
Like someone asked me on FB the other day: "Do you ever relax?" lmao
I do, I do.
On that note..I'll end with this Classic.

Have an awesome weekend everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...