Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Thursday, July 18, 2013

My First Girlfriend Social (GFS) Event - Toronto

Well, Wednesday rolled around to mark my first scheduled Girlfriend Social (GFS) Event - a meet and greet at Starbucks.
As planned by the Event Hostess - moi!

I got there early (@5:30pm) to make sure I grabbed seating for anyone that might show up. And, in case anyone showed up early. Well, that didn't happen. Lol (At least I didn't think so at the time. Read on) I sat at a table and watched as different women came through the door wondering if they were here from GFS to meet me. But, they walked past me. womp womp. I made it easy to find me because I wore the same shirt I was wearing in my profile picture. After 20 minutes of nobody arriving for 6pm, I started to think that maybe someone had come and saw me up close and changed their mind. Haha. Maybe nobody was coming, except one.

Then, my new BFF came to support me. (With gifts(for me)...she is soo sweet) I knew she was coming. First to arrive.Yup, that means there were others. They weren't late, I was just wrong with my own time. Over anxious I guess. Go figure! I was extra early thinking I posted the event for 6pm when I actually posted it for 6:30pm. Duh!! First, we sat and people watched for a bit and clearly identified a lady from the site walk by, but not come in.  WTH? We were sure it was her from her profile pic. Oh well.

Then a different woman walked in looking a bit lost.  We looked at each other. "She must be looking for us", is what we thought. Then the woman spoke up and we confirmed that we were the GFS Event.  Great!  Now there were two other than me.

Then, another lady walked in with the cutest little boy.  We knew she was here for the event because my friend had already been communicating with her and she had said she would come. Yay.... Then there were 3 1/4 plus me!

All of a sudden the lady my friend and I recognized from her profile picture that hadn't come in, came in. We knew it! We knew that was her! So we all sat around and got to know each other a bit. We were up to four.

Then, last but clearly not least, another woman came in. A fifth woman!! Someone we expected to come but who looked differently than we expected. She was definitely more laid back than her profile pic. And, definitely a nice woman. Wasn't shy in the least. In fact, only one of the women was shy. (We'll work on her) The rest....gabbed away. It was great company. We had jokes sharing stories of the strange things that we may have eaten. The fifth woman had us all beat telling us of her experience having tasted Dog and Cat. True story. My BFF is forever traumatized. hahaha Referring to that delicacy as Rex and Fluffy.  Oh boy. lol

Without the enclosed scroll
Three hours later, the event ended with the first to arrive (my new BFF) and the last to arrive still around after saying goodbye to the others one after one. It really was a great night. Conversation was easy. I didn't have to use the Share Cards I brought to help break the ice. lol So happy that I decided to set up these events and even happier that it was a success.  I added a nice touch too by giving the ladies a THANK YOU gift for attending. A cute little Vanilla Candle in a can that says THANK YOU on it. But I warned them, I'm not planning on giving out gifts at every event. hahahaha But this was my first, so I thought it would be a great idea.

Next event - BINGO!!!  Woo Hoo. There are a different group of ladies signed up for that one. Four so far, out of the ten spaces I had open. I'm not trying to walk into the bingo hall with a party. lol And who knows, maybe some of the ladies that already came out will come out again.

So that was it! 
That was my first experience as a GFS Event Hostess. 
I went home with a smile and received the ultimate compliment from my new BFF.  The next day, the ladies were online friending each other (nice to see) and remembering to get each other Verified. One event and you can get your status changed since all you need is 3 verifications. All in all, I hope that I am able to encourage other people to be hostesses or to even get out to any local GFS Events in their area to give it a try. Finding friends online works, if you let it. Events, certainly help make it easier.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...