Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Friday, May 31, 2013

If Only I'd Thought Of It Myself

I had mentioned in an earlier post that I was Prime for a Spring Food Drive being held in my office building.
Well, that is over. It had been over for a few weeks actually. But, I'm still waiting for delivery/pick up of our donations. We didn't do too bad, thanks to a guy I don't even know that works in a different department. lol He had a different way of going about collecting. He collected Money!! Cha Ching! Yup....instead of him placing a box like I did for people to bring in donations, he went around the office and collected CASH. Then, he took himself to Costco and made a purchase of most of what you see in this panoramic photo I took.


If only i'd though of it myself!


Something i'll definitely try next year.
My group, we collected the two white boxes full on the right. Then, I received two boxes beside those from another department. Collecting had been difficult for them because they had just gotten finished fundraising for the Walk So Kids Can Talk 2013. People don't really want to give if they have already given to something. lol Unless they've got something in their cupboards at home that they just want to get rid of. Speaking of getting rid of, that is another problem. When it comes to donating to a food drive people, please don't donate stuff that has been sitting in your cupboards EXPIRED! Come on now!! If you aren't going to eat it yourself, why would you want someone else to? I never noticed it. My good friend did. God Bless Her! She brought it to my attention which had me go looking for this can of expired peaches she was talking about. Found it!!
You are reading correctly!
20090825
Seriously!
Yes, I was able to locate it because as I mentioned, I am still waiting for someone to claim the donations. But, I'm now going to take care of that myself. Usually, our Community Affairs Group that I help out with has these things pre-arranged. However, since the end date of the Food Drive, the Charity that was supposed to claim these donations hasn't been responding. So, I thought I would take matters into my own hands. After all, I know for a fact that churches often have food pantry's. I figured I could just take them to church. Then, when I mentioned it to a friend from church I was reminded - Church in the City. Well duh! If only I thought of it myself!

I've mentioned in several previous posts how myself and my husband, sometimes daughter, travel into the city every few months with others from our church to feed the homeless. We walk right through a food pantry into the kitchen when we are down there to serve - TCRC. They could certainly use our donations. They feed everyone! So, I sent the head of our Community Affairs Group an email to let her know and she was happy with the idea. "Consider it done!" I told her. Next weekend on the way down, I will make a pit stop and collect these donations on behalf of my fellow employees. And, I will certainly know better for next year! Smh. At least I know we wont run into a problem like this when I start getting backpacks filled in August. The company we donated them to last year is Already Making Plans and made contact to ask if we would consider them again this year. lol Proactive or what? Love it!

Anyways.......FURMAN COMES HOME TODAY!! Yay. lol


No more having to FaceTime each other. lol
Although I enjoyed watching the Miami Heat Game with him.

Wish me luck on my 10k run tomorrow.
Actually, let's just pray it doesn't rain until AFTER my run. lol I'm not trying to look like a wet dog.

And all of you....Have an awesome weekend!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...