Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, May 27, 2013

Home Alone

Well, Furman is off on his first business trip (Jamaica) since getting employed with the Canadian office.
I couldn't fit in his suitcase.
I tried, although not literally. Lol
Soo, I'll be here keeping everything warm for his return. 


We ran together on Saturday.
It was awesome!
I was able to actually show my husband my progress.
My training program required me to run for an hour and a half this weekend, so Furman set his Garmin (1st Anniversary Gift) and we were off. Hit the trails nearby. Total run was 7.86 miles (12.65kms). Pretty much the same as I ran the previous weekend by myself. 8 Miles.  But this time, everything felt better, thanks to Furman. THANK YOU MY LOVE!! He helped me keep pace so I didn't tire myself out.  As a result I pretty much ran the entire distance without walking or stopping with the exception of a streetlight or two. I'm sure it was a switch for him from the previous times he used to run with me, hearing me complain that I was tired. lmao Not this time!!

En route I even got paid. Lol While on the way back, running against the wind, I saw something slowly trying to fly away. As I tried to grab a quick look as I was passing, I made a quick stop and drop. lmao It was a $20 bill. Woowee. Talk about luck!! That put a little more pep in my step! :) There was nobody around to claim it other than me, so not sure how long it had been crawling on the pavement.

Well, Furman's Garmin alarm went off to let him know that we had hit the hour and a half mark. Thing is, I probably could have run farther. I was feeling damn good compared to my previous run. If anything, my run with Furman confirmed for me that I will certainly be ok to run A MidSummer Night's Run. When the alarm goes off the watch stops keeping track, otherwise Furman probably would have had us keep going a bit farther, just because. Oh, and one thing we did, that I didn't do, that made a whole world of difference.......Last week I finished my run at home, no cool down, which probably explains why I was so heated and full of salt. With Furman, we finished our run a distance from home which gave us time to walk the last bit of distance to cool down. A no brainer, I know! lol So, when I was home, I felt great...wasn't crazy salty or anything! I really did. Look forward to running with my husband again when he returns. Oh, don't get me wrong, I was sore...but it was a good sore. lol All around my hips and stuff. But that didn't stop me from getting back at it this morning. After all, after dropping Furman to the airport to catch his flight, I was wayyyy too early for work. So, the gym it was. Just means that I'll get to relax on my lunch break.

I'll have a busy week while Furman is gone.
So time will fly i'm sure. lol

In my Spinbuddies gear
This is the last week for my dance classes (Second Class)....that is, until I start the Beginner/Intermediate Group. Yes, yes, yes.....I've decided to continue on with it for a while longer. The instructor feels I am ready to advance and well, I'm certainly curious to learn more tricks. It has been quite the workout especially with me doing it twice a week. So, why stop a good thing? lol My husband is supportive so i'll keep at it.


Anyways......Here's wishing everyone an awesome last week of May.
June is right around the corner.
Imagine that!
Time really is flying. lol


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...