Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Thursday, March 14, 2013

He'd Do It Again



Nope...wasn't on the bus!
My son called me from Quebec City the other day. You know, to check in and let me know that he's doing alright. That the Teens Gone Wild are driving him crazy but he's getting through it. It was nice to hear from him. He had said that the first couple of days were rough because it was growing pains. Getting into the job, Destination Staff, and what he needed to do on his first trip. He was losing a lot of sleep because he had to be up patrolling the hallways and stuff, making sure the teenagers weren't being disruptive with late night parties, room hopping, etc. Said he wasn't able to get to bed till about 4:30am and had to be up a few hours later to start the day again. lol I know my son loves his sleep. All I can do is laugh. I mean it wasn't like it was that long ago that he was a teenager himself. lol While I spoke to him for a few minutes, he was still on the job. It was impressive to hear him interrupt our phonecall to address a teenager that must have been walking by with a cup in hand. "There's not beer in that cup right?" hahaha The way my son said it had me smiling. That's my boy!!! I listened. Sounded like he had everything under control. After only two days he had stories to share. Not even surprised. After all, he's dealing with a large number of teenagers. He had 53 of them on his bus alone. In fact, the trip had about 1100 teenagers from all kinds of cities spread over 3 hotels. Oh man! He was telling me about how three girls from Nova Scotia already got caught smoking marijuana in their hotel room. Three girls!! Smh. Yup, parents had to be contacted and the girls had to fork over $200 in fines. (not sure if that's each..lol) Well....he had a few more days to go at that point. Hang in there buddy!

My son just got back from chaperoning his trip to Quebec. He lived through it. lol As expected, he had more stories. I can't even remember them all. But, he did say that once he got into the groove of things....everything was copacetic. It was quite funny to hear him praise himself and the job he did. lol I thought I was supposed to do that? haha I did of course, but it seemed like he certainly didn't need my praise. I'm just so proud of him and happy that he is also proud of himself. As we drove back home through terrible snow conditions, my son shared some more of his stories.

Why? Why? Why?
While I may not have been shocked to hear of kids caught drinking and smoking, I was shocked to hear that a teenager was stupid enough to get caught shoplifting. Yup! Another girl! What on earth is wrong with girls these days? I swear, they are often worse than the boys. Thing to is, that she was apparently making a purchase and while purchasing decided to steal something else. WTH? Stupid! I'm sure the parents must have loved getting that call. As far as he knew, they did their best to help resolve the situation as best they could so the girl probably got off with a fine. If she did, she's lucky. It's bad enough when you break the law at home. But, to travel somewhere and break the law there? Smh.

If only parents knew how their teenagers really are when away from home! lol We really need to take off the rose colored glasses and stop saying Not My Baby! lmao Raise them as best we can to be great people, at home as well as away from home. That's all we can do.  And PRAY!

After all is said and done, my son answered the main question I had for him, "Would you do it again?" His answer: "Yup!" He'd do it again!

Because I love music this song came to mind...Love this Classic.

Actually, he is looking forward to another trip and is confident he will be asked to chaperone again. I'm sure he will, I have no doubt.
Oh....and it appears that all the years my son spent in French Immersion came in handy. He was the only staff that was able to speak French, and fluently. lol Oh, I would have loved to hear that. That certainly came in handy in Quebec City. My son was more than happy to use his French at every opportunity. He sounded quite grown when he was telling me how he communicated in French with the bus driver to make him feel comfortable. Oh yes....I am a proud mom. My baby has grown up! That's my boy!!

I must say....God has certainly blessed me with two awesome children. A son, and a daughter!
Now I'm gonna take a page out of my son's book and praise myself....I've done a good job!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...