Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, March 4, 2013

To Live, Or Not To Live

Yup....that is the question!!

I've been busting my tail today with work so I thought i'd finish my day by blogging.
It was an uneventful weekend so I thought i'd blog about something that really had me saying "WTH?"

My hubby and I were discussing something on the news that just blew us away last evening. Check it out!

Nurse Refuses 911 Dispatcher Begging Her To Perform CPR

Yes....you read right!
The answer in this case - Not To Live!!  They let this lady die.
I couldn't believe it. Did you hear the 911 call? It literally broke my heart. That is someone's parent!
What is wrong with people?

"The facility she works at has a policy in place that forbids employees from performing CPR?"
You have got to be kidding me! But this is serious. So..she did her job. I guess she took her job seriously alright. Too seriously in my opinion. She refused to perform CPR. She refused to allow anyone else around her to perform CPR and subsequently, the lady died. It doesn't matter that this lady already lived 87 years. It just doesn't matter! This is wrong by all accounts! Gheez....i'm getting hyped up just typing about it. What happened to the HUMAN in people?
Can we say God forgive them for they know not what they do? Hell no...she knew what she was doing. She was saving her job. That, was more important than a life. Go figure.

Me...I'm sorry...I can always look for another job..I would NEVER allow somebody to die. I can't have that on my conscience. I would at least have to try and save them irregardless of any stupid policies in place at my job. California FAIL. Reminds me of the lifeguard in Florida that got fired last year for saving a life. Lifeguard Fired for Saving Drowning Man. Kudos to this guy for being a human!

Now, it's true....Americans in general just love to sue. A known fact. That's why there are so many court shows on television. ie. Judge Judy, Judge Joe Brown, Judge Mathis, Judge Alex, People's Court....the list goes on. So, as Furman was saying, this is part of the reason why company's create these stupid policies to begin with.... to avoid possible litigation. Why? Because people who have their lives saved have taken the person who saved them to court...for hurting them in the process. Yup..it's true. Ok...so you can possibly crack a rib or something...but you'd be alive!! That's why many places have adopted Good Samaritan Laws. Oh, but check this article out...it helps understand why people have issues getting involved by giving example. The Perils of Being a Good Samaritan in California.

Here, I guess nobody should be complaining because the family isn't, right? The family has indicated that they are satisfied with the care that this place provided to their relative. I kid you not! I guess since the residents supposedly knew of this policy when they moved in, What else could this family say. I'm astonished. I really am. Why would you allow your relative to live in a place with such a policy? I'm just curious. Was it cheaper than other locations?

Moral of the story....if you have any relatives in any places similar to this...make sure they don't have any of these stupid policies that will allow your loved one to perish. That is, assuming you want every effort given to save your relative. I know we are not supposed to judge others....but man oh man...sometimes it's hard. All we can do is shake our heads - at things, at people, at life.





Prayers out to the family and friends of this lady.
May she rest in peace.
You know what too though....prayers out to this nurse who refused to help.
After all, she will have to live with her decision.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...