Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, March 25, 2013

Back Down Memory Lane

I took a brief stroll Back Down Memory Lane today.
It was very brief because it was a reminder of a time that was very very difficult for me.
A bit too difficult to even share in this post right now.
But....it's always good to share with someone....get that release. So, that's what I did.


What prompted the stroll?
Well, the person who facilitated that pain (that is no longer a part of my life) attempted to reach out yesterday. Not to me, but one of my children. It was quite out of the blue. I understand though. I'm not mad. A bit of a dejavu I must say. Smh. lol

When I was sharing with a good friend this morning, it helped to identify how that point in my life had it's part in shaping who I am today. Why I do or react to certain things certain ways. I had never thought about it much before. Obviously because we often try to put the painful things out of our minds and leave it there. lol I'm much stronger than I was, and probably because of this experience, but it still kind of hurts. Especially when you think about how much you have gone through with one person and/or because of one person. lol I certainly took more than I needed to. It was like being in a boxing ring and getting knocked down, but you keep getting up to get knocked down again, and again, and again. lol That was me! WAS!

I've since gotten out of that ring. Not on my own accord though. The person that was knocking me down got tired I guess. hahaha They did me a favor and walked away. Perfect timing too...Furman had come back into my life to be the friend and husband that I need. My protector too! Now...life is great! God is good. Furman is by my side to walk the rest of the journey with me and my children. And, I've gotten through all that I have because I had Faith, Hope and Trust....in God.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths." (Prov 3:5,6)

Yup...the Lord has shaped my life and the people in it because of his Love for me!
All I can say.....

                           

On that note....should that person ever come across my blog, I want them to know:
We're all ok. No regrets! 
God was and is always in control.
We also, hope and pray that life is awesome for you and your family too.
Live, Love, Laugh.  

I'll end this blog post with a pre-lude to the Easter Holidays. May we never forget! 
We had the opportunity to attend my Church's Easter Production on Sunday called "It Is Finished" and they did an absolutely wonderful job. So, I thought I would share this video.



Have an awesome week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...