Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, January 21, 2013

A Dream

Happy Martin Luther King Jr Day!
To my American friends, family and blog readers.
(Not something we celebrate in Canada....but I certainly acknowledge it!)

He had a Dream.

Best Speech Ever....in my opinion!

Martin Luther King Jr Bible being used for swearing in of President Obama
Happy Inaugeration Day!
For the 57th Presidential Inaugeration.
God Bless President Barack Obama!
Yeah...I said it.
I know there are a lot of Obama haters out there. I was reading many of the comments posted online when he won the election for a second term. As well as comments on a lot of different articles, Facebook, etc. Hell, they are all over the place. Most of the time, I don't even comment. Why should I? Makes no sense to stoop as low as others. It just amazes me how nasty people can be. I'm not surprised though. It's easy to hide behind a computer and spew hatred and anger as so many do. Awe...but hey...that's Freedom of Speech right? Whatever!
I'm just hoping that since the focus can no longer be on ensuring Obama is a one term President, that the government can work together for a change, to get things done. Now that would be a dream come true! lol
Obama's First Inaugeration Speech 2009 was definitely an historic moment that even made me shed a few tears. Not tearful this time, but just as proud. 4 more years....I think he is Fired Up, and Ready to Go! lol

2013 Inaugeration Speech

Maya Angelou - What she would think MLK would say to Obama  Thought she hit the nail on the head.

I am a Canadian! A pure Canadian. Proud of it! My family didn't immigrate from another country and take up citizenship. (People always ask me where I'm really from because i'm black, like i'm supposed to be from some Caribbean Island or something..lol) Nope...going back several generations we were born and bred. So, I will keep my opinions about American Politics to myself. After all, what would I know right? haha I'll only Smh and say that people really need to chill out! lol Just have to pray for the President and his abilities to complete the job he set out to do. The job he was elected by the American people to complete. 2013 Oath of Office

Saw this photo on Facebook and had to share.
Kudos to the artist, whoever it is.

Well, It's a new week!
And a damn cold one at that!  I don't know about where you are. lol
(Those people outside for the Inaugeration must be COLD..lol)




This is what WE are working with. It's definitely not a day for Furman to go running. (Needs winter running gear) He's still working on changing his wardrobe from Miami gear to Toronto gear. lol This week though...one of the coldest ones we've had this winter so far. Wish I could be home with my hubby, waiting on the mailman. lol



Oh well....Hope everyone has an awesome week.
Fingers crossed for some good news this week.

Take care, God Bless...and Keep Warm!

                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...