Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Friday, May 11, 2012

Running Tomorrow - Back to Immigration

Wow...Three days in a row I have blogged.  I certainly had a lot to say this week. lol

RUN for WOMEN National SeriesLet me explain the title of today's blog and clear up any confusion. I am NOT running To Immigration. hahaha That would be a hell of a run. Some Terry Fox stuff that is out of my league. What I will be running though, is the Starbucks Run for Women 10k.  Had to change my training a bit in the past week because I've had a bit of pain in the arch of my left foot. I'm going to have a look at some insoles tonight. Maybe those will help. Otherwise, I might have to do one of those running shoe consultations at one of the Running Room stores to see if maybe some new kicks would help.  Whether I have to take it easy a bit or not, I will be running tomorrow.  Looking forward to it. I'm not that familiar with the area so i'm sure there will be lots for me to look at as I run.
After the run, we have to head back out to Immigration.  Time's almost up. Gotta drive to Niagara Falls and cross the Rainbow Bridge just to come back into Canada and speak to an agent about Furman's visiting - as instructed to do so.  I'm thinking that since we have to head out that way anyways, that we might do a little shopping or something first. I don't know. We'll see. I just want to get this Immigration stuff over with.

I'm feeling pretty confident now that we wont have any issues. After all, we now have PROOF that our application is in and not only in but IN PROCESS.  Oh yeah baby! And, that I have already been APPROVED as a Sponsor!  Take that!  Why wouldn't they let him stay? He has his return flight for August and we have plans for Florida in July. But, we will go and present them with everything they asked for and then some. Give them that "What's the problem?" look. "Nobody comes between me and my man!"  lol (In my Rachel from Big Brother voice...hahaha)  Of course I wont be opening my big mouth to say any such thing...lol But i'll certainly think it.  Update on what happens will follow after the weekend because it will be a busy one with Sunday being Mother's Day and all.


WHY THIS MOTHER'S DAY IS SPECIAL TO ME:

I look forward to spending Mother's Day with my Mom this year. For many years she has been ill and I have not been afforded the opportunity in a long time to hang out with her on Mother's Day while she is well.  I am looking forward to taking her to church with my family.  She wants to attend First Baptist Church which is a church much of my family used to attend, and that I was raised going to as a young girl.  Many memories there.

My mother has suffered for many years with Schizophrenia.  But, that will have to be another blog/blog post as you can only imagine the things I can share about getting through that.  Today and since about August 2011 she has been doing awesome.  I have been successful in working with Dr's to agree on a treatment that has kept her well for a longer period of time than she has had in years. They finally listened to me and changed her meds back to something that worked better, although it had more side effects.  Unfortunately, the changes came a bit too late for her to attend my wedding in Jamaica. Close, but no cigar. You can't even imagine everything I went through to try and get her there.

Back in the day!
It's been tough dealing with her illness by myself for so many years.  Don't get me wrong, I've had the support of some family members but as I am the only child she raised and that she really knows, all the responsibility, burden, etc has fallen on me to deal with Dr's and stuff.  When she had a bout with Cancer years back, I was a mess and very angry with God.  I love this woman so much I would do anything for her.  I have many happy memories from the years she raised me that nobody can take away.  Although my mother gave birth to two other children when I was in my teens, I will always be special to her, like her only child because she raised me for many years.  That's why we are soo close and have so much love for one another.


My mother had a baby girl when I was 16 that ended up being taken from her and adopted.  Then about 2 yrs later she had another girl that ended up staying in the family and being raised by an aunt. While only the second girl grew up knowing my mother to be part of the family, I don't think she really knew who my mother was till she got older.  But, a relationship never really developed.  Now, because she is and has been in conflict with the aunt that raised her for several years, she is now referring to my mother as her mother and disowning my aunt. While the relationship can never be like the one that I have with Mom, my sister (I use that word lightly) has tried to hurt me by pointing out that my mother will be attending her upcoming wedding. The wedding of "at least one of her children" as she so put it. lol  Thanks to me, of course. Don't forget that part. Clearly, I wont be there. I'm not hurt either. She is a guest like everyone else. It's different. I don't have a relationship with either of the other children my mother had, although I love them both very much.  They both know who my mother is because the one that is adopted found me on the internet many years ago. We had a couple good years of knowing each other. Like I said...another blog/blog post...lol

Mother's Day.

We all need to love and respect the women that raised us. They are our Mothers. Me - I've had three wonderful women do the job. A great job they did! Thank you to them with much love.  But my Mom...the one who gave birth to me. The one who is not at fault for having her illness.  When she is well, she is a wonderful woman, good heart, loves to laugh.  I see a lot of myself in her.  I missed a lot of years with her that can never be made up for.  I have always said to my children that if they could love me as much as I love my mother that I would be a very lucky lady. lol  So, while I am a mom myself and my children will wish me Happy Mother's Day...I am particularly grateful to God for allowing me the opportunity to be able to spend time with my mom this Mother's Day, with my husband as he will be away from his mom.  I am also very blessed to have two children I love very very much. I am blessed.  God is good.

Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there. Hope you have a wonderful and blessed weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...