Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Finally IN THE SYSTEM!

Well damn.....I almost fell off my chair again today.

We are finally IN THE SYSTEM!!

After a few months of checking the Application Processing Times on the Canadian Immigration website, we are FINALLY in the system.  Yup....said it again. Feels good.  Meaning, now we can actually get information on our application progress from inputting our name, birthdate, country of birth and identification type into their online portal. I was already doing this periodically using our immigration receipt number when it was all I had, hoping to read something that said IN PROCESS, but kept getting nothing. Then I started looking again when Sonya gave me a file# but was still getting nothing.  So, that's why when I finally received an email that said my Sponsorship Application was Approved as opposed to application being In Process, that I was completely shocked and happy. With my application received date caught up to what they are claiming to be working on, checking ECAS for an update is the only other place to go. It was nice to finally see that we have been Input.

Here is what I can show you:


Sponsorship Application(s)
Sponsored Person
Sponsorship Application Status
Permanent Residence Application Status
FURMAN WHITE
In Process
Application Received


I'm not really sure why the Sponsorship Application Status says In Process instead of Approved or Decision Made when I have already received their email letting me know that it's been Approved. The words In Process are actually a link to more information and when I click on that.....this is what I get:


Sponsorship
We received your application to sponsor FURMAN WHITE on January 31, 2012.
We started processing your application on May 7, 2012.
We sent you a letter on May 7, 2012 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.


Well gee....they started processing our application on May 7th and made a decision same day?  Sent me an email and not a letter. (Unless something else is in the mail)  I guess letting ME sponsor him was a no brainer!  hahahaha  Now, let's see if letting Furman have Permanent Residence is a no brainer too! lol


Permanent Residence Application(s)
Applicant
Permanent Residence Application Status
FURMAN WHITE  
Application Received


That's all we get right now. But hey, today is the first day that we've been in the system for us to read and I can say that with certainty because you know I've been religiously checking. lol  Anyways, I will continue to update as I have been.


Here is my follow up to My Little almost Driver 


Got the text on the way home from work. "She Failed", Furman text me.  Uh oh.  Of course the only thing I wanted to know at the time was how she was handling it. Since I was literally parked on the On Ramp to the highway I shot off a quick text to ask. She was ok. I felt relieved.  Then, she started texting me to let me know herself.  She wasn't happy.  In fact, she was so pissed she text me telling me that "he was a bastard" lol, referring to the examiner. Completely shocked, I had to let that go. After all, my children never speak to me like that or like that around me. I couldn't text her back anyways because I was now moving on the highway. I'll get the story when I get in.

I got in. She didn't say much. She was watching tv with Furman but I wanted all the details. She couldn't or wouldn't pinpoint what she did wrong. She said that her driving instructor told her that she had a nervous breakdown. lol  Oh gosh. Of course she immediately wanted to book another test. It's gonna cost $40.  I put that idea off for now. When did the cost of these things go up anyways? I wanted her to confirm if she was going to have to pay the driving instructor another $110 to use her car.  Yup, that's what that weasel charged her. Robbery I tell you! But, my daughter wanted to pay to use her small car because she thought it would be easier for her. (I could have rented a car for cheaper)  Look how that went. Momma is always right. She should have listened.  To her it was no big deal because it was one of very few things she ever got from her dad. (The money to pay the instructor)  I wasn't going to pay for it. I paid half of the driving school.  Now, she is back to where she left off, needing more driving experience and having to book another test for when she is ready.  All I know is that two weeks is not ready. lol


We all get ready to head to Costco and of course I give her the keys to drive. She needs practice right?  In the driveway though, while she got in the drivers seat, a fight ensued. No word of a lie! Furman and I are literally wrestling to get in that back seat that I usually sit in when she drives. lol Furman wasn't having that this time! hahaha We struggled with each other playfully as I tried to squeeze my body between him and the open car door. If only you could have seen us. lol  He won! When I opened the front passenger door to take my spot beside my little almost driver all she could say was "Oh Wow". Referring to our little scuffle and that neither of us wanted to sit beside her as she drove post test. lol  It was funny. I got to get a good look at her drivers examination report and OMG!  Nervous breakdown is right! I never saw so many markings. Clearly her driving test was a bad experience, but they both made it out alive.


No more doing it her way!  Nope. I gotta step in and ensure that she is not booking another test till I feel that she is ready and comfortable driving. I knew she wasn't ready but she insisted and sometimes you just have to let them learn for themselves. I'll let her get more practice and I'm definitely not going to allow her to Donate another $110 to a woman, who probably wasn't teaching her right anyways, to use her car.  She'll have to use mine. And, we'll probably book a test at an office in another part of the city. After all, some driving centers have reputations you know. My son had trouble passing his test at the same place she went to and I ended up taking him to another part of the city to get his license also. But, I will definitely mark her myself before I let her test again and I don't care if she is paying for it. Not after the report that I saw. lol

That's the gist of it.  Her driving is still a work in progress. God answered prayers and kept everyone safe and hopefully she got something from the experience.  Till next time.....


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're finally getting somewhere with the process.

    I also failed my first driving test...I was devastated:( I think my tester was out to get me, though, although I wasn't a good driver either :).

    I hope she does better next time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...