Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Little almost Driver

Today marks a significant event in my daughters life.....Driving Test day.


    

I am sooo nervous for her. I remember when I was 16 and was going for my driving test not too many years ago.  lmao  I failed my first test when I was 16 because I didn't properly stop at a 4-way stop sign intersection.  Ok Ok..I stopped...let's just say I didn't look properly before pulling out.  Big FAIL!  Man was I pissed.  Got it on my second try though.  I didn't go to driving school.  A guy who used to like me taught me how to drive.  I guess that was his way of spending time with me although we never dated.  He almost forgot to teach me how to parallel park too.  We did that lesson the morning of my test if I remember correctly.

My daughter went to driving school unlike my son and myself.  I don't think I had the same nerve to teach her like I taught my son years ago.  Feel bad but i'm not as young and daring as I used to be. lol Each time I let her drive I am a nervous wreck and don't remember being as nervous when I was teaching my son about 6 years ago. lol So, I agreed to pay half for her to go to driving school and do it the "right way" and that is what she did. So proud of her. She had a goal, was something she wanted, she worked for it and did it.  She is like her momma in a lot of ways. She went on her own and got her driver's permit only a few weeks after she turned 16. She sure did. And, when she passed, she sent me a quick text message to share her excitement and then she treated herself to some sushi at a nearby restaurant while she waited for me to pick her up. lol  It was soo cute walking into that restaurant watching her celebrate all by her lonesome. lol

Today, she is going for her test with her driving teacher. While I was prepared to allow her to do her testing with my car, she chose to use the teachers car because she felt that driving the little Toyota Echo vs Lexus E330 would be much easier.  I tried to tell her that once you drive one car you should be able to drive any car but noooo, she needs the teachers car and was willing to pay for its use.

Let's see:
   VS.   Yeah....maybe the small car will be better for her to test in. lol Whatever makes her most comfortable.  Keeps my car safe too.  :)

She's excited.  I'm excited for her.  She sent me a text message this morning after she looked outside and saw the beautiful weather. "Yesss its a nice day outside god is gonna bless me just watch".  She is so cute. I hope she passes although I am lacking confidence in her driving abilities right now.  I think she needs more time on the road.  I make that judgement after driving with her several times and her having a few close calls. The times I let her drive, I've taken my seat in the back leaving Furman in the front.  hahaha  We both say, she needs to pay more attention.  Hope she pays full attention today and remembers everything she has been taught.


"God, please keep my daughter and her teacher safe as well as others on the road at the time of her driving test and allow her to pass should she demonstrate the necessary competence to do so."  
Ok. I said a short prayer.

Will she pass?  I purposely left the results out...you'll have to come back and find out, after I do!!

If she passes, I'll be able to use it as an example of God answering her prayers as well as how her hard work, determination and focus has paid off.  Then, I can tease her about everyone needing to stay off the road.  hahaha  If she doesn't pass, well I know she is going to be a crab apple for a few days and it'll be a bit difficult explaining to her that it just wasn't her time.  That's where the story of my first failed test will come in.  I don't share that with anyone ya know! lol  Perhaps stories of other people she knows failing their first test might help too. lol  I'll figure it out. Man.....the joys of being a parent sometimes.

Good luck to my baby girl today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...