Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Friday, May 18, 2012

Furmans Bootcamp - It Begins


                                                              FURMANS 



We started getting into it today.
Was up at 5am although I didn't crawl out of bed till about 5:15 to get ready, and into the living room to stretch.  Furman followed not too far behind me.  God bless him for being so dedicated to whipping his wife into shape. lol  He said he's realized that instead of being able to work out with me that he actually needs to stand over me and instruct. (Not in those words of course).  But Oh Boy!

                                         Hence - the photo that I think demonstrates very well. lol

 
He gave me a good workout this morning though.  The man was prepared with notes so he knew what he was going to have me do.  Gheez! I'm feeling it now, so it was a good workout.  Mind you, that since we weren't able to really get started yesterday (I had an errand), I ended up going to the office gym before work and working on some of those weight machines myself. So, the pain I am feeling right now can be a combination of what I did yesterday with what he had me do this morning. Either way, i'm feeling worked over.  I guess that's good.  I tried not to give him too much trouble. But, I really am out of shape.  It's sad actually.  Just happy that I don't look it and never have. I might have to start a chart showing what I am able to do now so that I can compare it with what i'll be able to do at a later date.  Document my progress.   Hmmm? Good idea. Furman, if you are reading this...get on that! lol I actually look forward to getting in shape. I'm sure Furman probably wouldn't believe me, but I do. I wonder what will be in store for tomorrow morning. I'll keep running just not as much as I was before. My next run is not scheduled till Septembers ZooRun so right now I want to focus on getting ready for the Spartan.  Speaking of Spartan. Check out a bit of what I will be expected to do.  I'll post the Miami video since that is where Furman is from. Spartan Race Miami 2012.  It's just a taste.  I'll be doing a Sprint...Thank God.  But it will be challenging all the same.

Long weekend ahead. May 2-4 as we call it. Victoria Day.  Look forward to having Monday off. At some point this weekend we'll be headed to Canada's Wonderland and hopefully even get to catch some fireworks. Supposed to hang out with Mom on Saturday for a bit and we'll finally be back in our home church on Sunday. TGIF! No rest for the determined....because I will be squeezing my workout in all weekend.
Hope my fellow Canadians have an awesome and safe long weekend.
                                                            


Update on.....New Neighbors - Time To Leave

Got a phone call the same night I sent my toasty email to the Landlord. It's funny when you get complimented on how you put someone in their place. lol Yup, he wasn't mad at me and said my email was to the point and I was justified in being upset. However, he claims he never gave them permission to throw out my chairs. It must have been a miscommunication when he told them they could throw out a few chairs that were in their yard from my set.  These are chairs that were stolen from the garage by the previous tenants and destroyed.  I'm telling you...I've been treated rough!  But oh nooooo, he didn't know about any Dog! Nope. He claims its written on her lease. So, he seems more upset about the dog than the fact that she is also running a Daycare.  After all, why should the daycare bother him? He doesn't have to live in the battleground. But the dog...he's already dealt with and cleaned up after a previous tenant that had a dog years ago.  So, i'm not sure how he will deal with his new tenants now.

When I came home from work yesterday I had an opportunity to speak with my local neighborhood watch guy. lol Well, I don't think he is really neighborhood watch in any official capacity or anything. But, I give him the title because he is the guy that you see sitting in his garage day in and day out watching everything that is going on everywhere. 
Oh Yeah....one day not too long after I moved in I was looking for my daughter outside.....when he saw me look at him directly across the street in his garage...he pointed in the direction she went. hahaha.   I knew right then that he was somebody to be friendly with.  So, we exchanged information on what we knew had been going on with my new tenants. He obviously knew already and then he filled me in on some more. lol My table that I thought I saw under all their stuff in the garage, the same table she said they threw out...yeah, my neighbor confirmed that it's my table alright. Wow!  His wife walks in as we are talking and tries to shush him talking about he's starting trouble. Man...this was info I needed to know.  I already made the decision that I have to leave.  Daycare and dog is too much for me to handle.  Oh well....I can't even say that good things come to an end because I really did go through a lot living there.  For what? Comfort.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...