Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Sunday, October 14, 2012

There Are No Words

My apologies for not having blogged on my usual schedule. Since Thanksgiving my week had gone completely downhill. Absolutely horrible. Oh, with the exception of a wonderful dinner at the CN Tower 360 Restaurant on Wednesday with my hubby for our First Wedding Anniversary. But I really had no clue how bad things were going to get. Do we ever? There are no words to share the horrifying news I received at weeks end. A complete joke. Can someone pinch me now? Where are my prayer warriors? God give me strength!


But you know what.... I'm going to focus on the positive and what is in my own control. I'll laugh about the rest of this in the future. For now, I'm going to continue to be happy because that is what God wants for me. Irregardless of how people may try to hurt me or even themselves. That being said, let me get back to telling you about my dinner.

CN Tower is obviously the best view in town. Rotating view of the city from the sky. Absolutely magnificent! (Said so in my Trip Adviser Review) The food was pretty good too. I could almost picture a Gordon Ramsey in the kitchen checking out the plated dishes for perfection before sending them out. Our jokes came with Furmans first course that we thought we were going to share. Lmao. I swear we should have taken a picture. But what he received was so small you might not have been able to make out what it was anyways. He picked something that was supposed to be a Chili Tuna. I'm not sure if he tasted any tuna because I didn't get to try it. It literally was one tortilla chip with, I guess, the chili tuna in it. Seriously. That was the pre appetizer course or more correctly stated, the "amuse-bouche". Yeah...ok. I guess you can say it was a teaser, and it definitely was amusing. Lol The rest of the courses though... Lovely. Small, but filling.


For me, the kicker was dessert. When they brought dessert it came with a candle and a lovely white chocolate sign with "Happy Anniversary" written in dark chocolate on it. Ok.... 360 just got brownie points from me! I didn't plan that. That was a complete pleasant surprise. I mean I had mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary when I made the reservation because I wanted to make sure that we got a window seat. That was my request. So when the waiter came to our table with the peach & sour cherry cobbler I had ordered.... The presentation blew me away. Loved it. Thank you 360! Definitely a wonderful start to a beautiful tradition. After all, we gotta start some ya know!

We commemorated our evening by purchasing the always taken CN Tower dinner photo. I wont share it here because I don't think it's a nice as our one last year. lol Just my opinion. But man... Could they get more expensive for a souvenir photo? $25 just for the photo. Lol. That's ok though. That just rounded our evening off to a $220 night out, which included parking and a generous tip. After having an experience as a waitress several years ago, I make sure I tip right and am not a cheap ass. Plus, my hubby is big on being a good tipper. He's American. I've always found Americans in general to be good tippers. At least the ones I've come across.


Friday evening, we went to a pre-season basketball game courtesy of my daughter. Toronto Raptors vs. Detroit Pistons. Furmans first Toronto basketball game. Lol. Thank goodness we won.  Saturday...Church in the City. Always rewarding to feed the homeless with our church family. Just a reminder that in life, things can be worse. We had a great time and of course, everyone was happy to see Furman back home. Today, back in church with my hubby by my side. But we separated for our discipleship classes because while he was away I started going to a Women's class. lol He enjoyed the class he went to without me though.

Anyways, like I said, the rest of the week was shot to hell but i'm going to turn it around for next week. Sure am. All I can ask for is prayer to get through these trying times, and to maintain my sanity as I go through it. Like I mentioned before, I have a few individuals trying to make me lose it! lol. Not going to happen. I can say though, I don't know what I would do without Furman. Love my hubby to no end.

So, till I get back to ya....I'm just going to sit back and continue to BE BLESSED.


There are no other words....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...