Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Friday, October 26, 2012

I'm NOT A Stalker

                           

I saw this post on Facebook the other day and had to laugh. It reminds me of the times when my husband and I get that oh so familiar question, "How did you guys meet?"  Furman's popular answer is that I stalked him. lmao


Seriously, he tells people that! I didn't though. But I can see why he might think that I did. lol Noooo, like the quote says, I was conducting "Intense Research" of Bammtyme69 on Blackplanet

When I started using my computer in 2000, after I got out of a lengthy relationship, someone referred me to this social networking site. So, I joined. And yes, that is where I first met my husband oh so long ago. However, after we broke up, I deleted my page. Figured I didn't have success with online dating so I was going to leave it alone. And, I didn't want to torture myself by being tempted to creep his page. hahaha You know, become a "stalker". My Intense Research days were done!

Why does he say I was a "stalker"? Well, when I was surfing the site after joining and creating a profile, I came across his page. This photo to the right is one of the many photos that caught my eye. Me, I didn't have any photos posted. hahaha Had no clue how to do it. That's all. But, after I enjoyed all of his photos (not in the stalker kind of way, lol...ok maybe), I sent him a private message to let him know I existed. I have no clue what kind of corny message I first sent him. lol And yes, I knew he was living somewhere in the US that I had never been. Whatever I wrote, he nicely responded. I do remember though, that he kept it short. I guess with my having no photo available he really had no clue who he was dealing with. Even though I could have shared a fake photo like clearly many people do. lol But I kept sending him messages anyways. You know, just to keep saying Hello. Maybe a tad bit stalker-ish. lol

(Now Lionel Richie looks like a stalker in this video. lol After all, she can't even see him)


At some point Bamm (Furman's nickname as I met him) told me why he was being short with me and what I needed to do. So, I got someone to show me how to share a photo. Don't remember what photo. But, I remember his first reaction was a pleasant one. I was pleased.

We continued to communicate online and via the telephone and eventually I took an opportunity to visit him in person at the same time a friend was travelling to his city. After all, what if he really was a nut? I had to make sure I had somewhere to go. lol He was a nut....but a good time. So, I kept him as long as I could.

2001 - Our favorite photo from the early days.
                                             
To make a long story short...we dated, broke up, got back together 6-7 years later. It was fate! Do you believe in Fate? I've told this story before but it never gets old. It just reminds me of how blessed I really am. And, if my husband wants to believe that I "stalked" him then he can go right ahead. lmao At least it means he believes that I am a woman with determination. I knew what I wanted and went after it, in a healthy way. Seriously though. 

When we caught up with each other in 2009, it was because of ME, again! hahaha  Doing my Intense Research when I came across his profile on another social networking site, MySpace. We hadn't been in touch with each other for years, so I was curious. What was he upto? Was he dating? Yeah...he was dating. So, I tried to be a friend when my Intense Research indicated that he might need one. lol Really though. I was just trying to be a friend. I had come to terms many years prior that we weren't going to be a couple although I always held a torch for him. After all, he was the one that dumped me. Poor communication he says. Me!! lol So, I showed him that my communication skills had improved and offered him great advice if I might say so myself. lol Never thought I had a chance other than that. 

Moving right along....I got my Furman back. My soulmate. Best thing that has happened in my life other than having my children. My Intense Research paid off! After all, I have a University Degree, I know how to research, study and get my homework done. lol At the end of the day, I passed with flying colors. Graduated from stalker, to long distance girlfriend....to WIFE and life partner!!

So ladies...if your man wants to call you a stalker...as long as it's a healthy kind of "Intense Research"....OWN IT! It does have it's rewards. lol



Have an awesome weekend everyone!
God Bless
                                                    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...