Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Saturday, June 28, 2014

New Look

I had a couple days off so I decided to celebrate by getting myself a new look. Ok, maybe not that new but definitely touched up. Wanted to get my Sexy Back!
Think I was starting to look a bit ragged from all the stress I've had over the last several months.
I wanted to do something drastic but I'll be the first to admit that I don't have the guts for that. Cutting my hair short was definitely not an option. My hair has tight curls so it already looks much shorter than it actually is. I don't want to be one of those people that people lie to, talking about how nice I look or how short hair suits me when they know damn well that I look ridiculous. haha Besides, I don't think my husband would have been too pleased if I cut my hair short even though it's my head. Lol. So, I went with a safe option.

I don't really trust hairdressers. You tell them to trim the edges and they cut off inches. So, I haven't been to many. But, the last few years I've stuck with one in particular who I've been satisfied with. Hairdressers are like mechanics, you gotta find the one you can keep going back to.

Without telling Furman my plans, I set out on a mission after he went to work. I was driving a rental, a Hyundai Sonata. I had finally put my car in the shop after Another Accident, so I got to enjoy the rental a bit.

Being brave, I told the stylist to make me beautiful again. haha Just don't cut it short. That was my stipulation. Then, I closed my eyes and let her do her work and boy did she ever! Let me tell you though....when I started to hear that "Snip Snip" I almost opened my eyes. Had no clue how much she was taking off. But, I stayed strong! And hopeful. lol

The big reveal!! She made this Flipagram to share.


Let me tell you....I was shocked! Pleasantly surprised. Wasn't sure what to think. It was so different - for me. Will take some getting used to. She did an awesome job!
So, knowing I had my pole class in a few hours I set out to interrupt Furman from his job so he could see the masterpiece before I messed it up. haha When I got in the car, I snapped a few pics before setting out.


I like it! I really do.

So did my husband. He was just shocked because he didn't know what to expect when I showed up at his job and asked him to come downstairs. haha He wasn't prepared for what he saw. Takes some getting used to. I know!

Pole Fitness Class - Getting Better At It

Since I was on a roll, I decided the following day to continue with the pampering. lol Got a mani and pedi. Felt awesome. Really enjoyed my couple of days off.

So, today i'm watching Furman build a fence for our backyard. Yup! He is on a mission and I am staying out of his way. Besides, I don't want to break a nail or sweat out my hair (since pole class didn't mess it up completely). lol I'd normally be right up in there with him doing whatever he would let me do. This time, I'll watch - and blog.

On that note, let me get back to watching him. Wiping his sweat or something. hahaha
Hope everyone has an awesome weekend.

I got a photoshoot tomorrow. That's not why I got all fancy though. I really just needed some rejuvenation! So, look out for some pics to be shared.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...