Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Monday, June 24, 2013

WonderJam packed Wknd

What a great weekend!
This weekend Furman and I volunteered with some friends to work at the Canada's Wonderland WonderJam Festival event.  What is that? Well we had no clue either, but we are happy we found out. It really was a great day. Check out the flyer:


Previous to WonderJam I had no clue who any of these Christian Artists were. I'm sure I may have heard a few of them while listening to Life 100.3 on the radio though. But I swear, the pandemonium was surreal because this was all to praise and worship God. I mean where was I? lol There were sooo many people.
Towards the end of the night there were even more people that were waiting especially for the finishing acts.
Soo many young people it was incredible. An awesome site to witness everyone's hands in the air in praise. There were vendors to sell t-shirts, CD's and stuff. Vendors to also give out information about different Christian Universities. Ie. Redeemer and Liberty. Stuff like that.  

We got to Wonderland extra early so that we would have an opportunity to get on some rides and stuff before we were needed to do any work. That was fun. 

First ride - Behemoth! My goodness!
Go ahead....take a First Person ride on this video and see what i'm talking about!!
                                       

Then.....we went right to the Leviathan.

                                       

Yup....that was all I needed for the day. Got my Rollercoaster fix! hahaha It was when we were on the Leviathan that we got stuck in a torrential downpour of rain close to the end. It felt like I was in a fight getting beat up by those raindrops. It acutally stung! lol And...we had to sit there in it because there was a car loading up with people for the next ride ahead of us. Smh. Just makes me think about all the people that wait in line for like an hour to get on these rides. When it starts pouring rain, you really can't go nowhere...just like we couldn't sitting on the ride. hahaha  It was fun though. 

Oh, and we made sure to get our Cookiewich ice cream sandwich before we had to report to the festival. You can't go to Wonderland without getting one of those!! No way. That and the Funnel Cake. Mmmmm. We didn't get that until the very end when the park was closing. A few good friends that didn't go to the festival actually met us outside the venue gate and we all enjoyed that together. lol

Anyways....at the festival our job, well, we started off handing out flyers at a location where we could see the stage as people were walking to their seats. I must say too....I was pretty good at it. lol It was all about how you held up the flyer for them to see what it was you were trying to give them. lol In my case, the schedule.
I was absolutely amazed at how polite people were too! Yup....it was crazy. Is it because they were Christians? Seriously? I mean, I had soo many people passing me that weren't taking flyers from me but made a point to simply say "No Thank You" or "I already have one Thank You" and actually smiled. Smh
When we stopped handing out flyers, Furman and I took over the WonderJam t-shirt booth. lol I must say, we improved on the marketing which probably helped making sure that we were completely SOLD OUT. lol We created an actual sign that showed the $10 price for people to see that wasn't there. Furman moved the positioning of the tshirts that were hanging from the tent so that they were more visible to passerbys. And, for a while he even stood around spinning the shirt around for people to see both sides. That man is quite the salesman I tell ya!! Certainly has the personality for it. Love my Furman!


My personal video of the end of the show. I just had to try and tape this because it looked soo cool and was very exciting. And yes...that's how loud the concert was. lol I actually had a few people come up to me and ask me if the concert was going to be loud like that all evening. hahaha "Lady...you are at a concert!!" I didn't say that though. lol Just directed her to where she could possibly get some earplugs. lol

Oh....and I made sure to buy my Wear Da Word t-shirt!! Always wanted one of them. Christian apparel. 

Happy with my t-shirt...just wish that the actual reference to the Bible verse on the shirt was written in the blue color also so it stood out more.
1 Corinthians 13:13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these [is] love.

We topped off our weekend by attending our church picnic after church on Sunday at a place called Scanlon Creek. I've never been before but I guess that's not completely my fault because it had been rained out the last few years. lol Furman and I will definitely be back at Scanlon Creek to check out the many trails they apparently have. The weather was great. The food was awesome. To go with the BBQ, everybody with the last names from A-L brought a Salad and those from M-Z brought dessert. Mmmm. So many interesting and tasty salads. Everything went quick too! Great company and our church worship team set up their equipment for praise and worship music too. Oh...I have to mention the tug of war! The younger men vs the older men and the younger women vs the older women. It was too funny. I had sandals on so couldn't take part. lol But Furman did. The younger guys won because the older guys were just outnumbered.

Like I said....it was a great weekend.
Didn't think about work or anything else for that matter.
Loved it!
Thank you to our friends for allowing us to volunteer with them for WonderJam.
Hope you all had an awesome weekend too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...