Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Girlfriend Social

Ok....Call Me Crazy but I have to tell you about a website that I came across the other day.
And, I'm sure they'd appreciate me doing so anyways. lol

Picture
Girlfriend Social

So far, I find it quite interesting.
It is a website for WOMEN ONLY (of all ages) to connect women with new female friendships. Get the hell outta here? Yeah...I thought that when I came across it. It's a totally free social networking site to create platonic relationships. Not for Lesbians to look for hookups!! Although it wouldn't surprise me if there were a few on there trying to do so. lol Or men to try and get through another door. lol Apparently this website is connecting women from all over Canada, US, UK, and Australia. No lie! I was quite impressed when I logged in and created my own profile. I sure as hell did! Why not? I met my husband online!! And you see how that worked out just great. So, why not try to meet an awesome friend that I wouldn't otherwise meet. Broaden my horizons. lol I've got nothing to lose and all to gain. After all, Furman has been telling me for some time now that I need to get out more and make some friends. Gheez...maybe he's getting tired of hanging around me already. lmao

Oh...and for those who have something negative to say about it like i'm desperate and can't make friends the old fashioned way..I laugh you off. Get with the program. Times have changed and clearly you may not have.


PictureSo yeah....I created a profile and similar to a dating site I would assume (since i've never really used one), you answer several questions about your interests and whatnot so that the site can try to match you up with females in your area of similar interests and age. Women that have come to the sudden realization that they need to get out more and need the friends to do it. Women that have moved to a new city and need to make new friends. Whatever!! Simple as that. Of course, you can just browse the different profiles from different areas and choose to make contact or not.  Then, assuming you both are comfortable meeting in person after having conversation online, you arrange to meet. Have coffee, something. On your profile, there is also a little feature called VERIFIED that allows you to verify people you have met so that others have a heads up that the person has met with someone and is otherwise SAFE. lol. And, you can create your own Friends List. I'm telling you, it's quite cool.
Girlfriend Social

Only problem....more women need to know about Girlfriend Social so that there are more local people to choose from. (Hope my blog posting helps a bit) The site also has an Event Option so that events can be set up in areas to enable women to meet in groups. Pretty neat eh? Along with that there are different GROUPS and DISCUSSIONS that women are setting up and encouraging people to browse and/or join to share their own input. Groups (Forums) sorted by different interests, issues, etc. I really find it kind of neat. Slightly reminds me of the site where I met my husband so many years ago. Just browsing through different profiles, looking at people's photographs and deciding whether I will make contact. lol It's not for everyone. On Girlfriends Social, they even have a cute little feature similar to the "LIKE" option that Facebook has where you can SEND A COFFEE to someone to let them know that you have looked at their profile and might want to make contact.
What impressed me too....was that the site started in Toronto. Woo Hoo. Someone from my very own city came up with the idea and put it all together. You go girl!!

Anyways....for those of my blog readers that are interested....or curious...check out the site and see what you come up with. You never know. I will certainly keep my readers posted on my success and experiences. Let's see how long it takes me to get VERIFIED! lol

Thought I would share this video...just because the lyrics relate. hahahahaha And I love the song.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...