Oct 6, 2011 - "So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Matt 19:6

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day of Rest

That's what I had yesterday.


Don't think I get too many of those. 
I know I get the weekend but I swear I'm always doing something on the weekend. Lol. (Last weekend we fed the homeless again and I finally got to drop off those Spring Food Drive donations from work).

Our employee donations.
Food Pantry we added to.
Staying busy is not a bad thing though. I'll have plenty of time in the future to sit on the porch rocking chair with my husband. I love the time I get to spend with my husband and my children, when I can grab them. But yeah, yesterday I was home on a sick day while Furman was at work, and I got to be in the company of both my children for a change. lol

I had a medical procedure done that I'll pass on talking about this time. Lol. (I've certainly had my share of tests and procedures for the year. First Mammogram) The prep alone could make for some great blogging material, lol...but i'll pass. I mean it's not like I wont ever have to do it again. I will say that all turned out ok and that I'm doing well - clean bill of health. It was early in the morning so I had the rest of the day to recover...and that, I did. My son was there to pick me up and drive me home when I got out of recovery because I wasn't allowed to drive home myself. They had to put me out for the procedure, and boy did they ever. Wonder what they gave me? I swear I didn't even get the opportunity to count backwards from 10. I was out that fast. That was some good stuff. All I remember was the flow of liquid rushing through my veins as the Dr squirted the needle into the intravenous.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

Was a nice feeling to walk out and see my son there waiting for me.
When we got home he even made me breakfast because I was absolutely starving.
How is that for taking care of mom?
Then, it was me and the couch all day. lol


It was a Netflix day..at least till Furman got home.






Now, I'm back to work as usual.
Breakfast was being served as a kick off for some new Employee Recognition Program.


Good thing it wasn't yesterday or I would have missed out. haha
We had the works, as you can see.
French toast, scrambled eggs, sausages and diced potatoes. Oh, and fresh fruit. In my opinion, the fresh fruit and the sausages were great! lol But, you can't complain about free food. What I always say about the homeless when we feed them. haha


Out of Milk already
Anyways, I just thought I would blog since i've been out of touch for almost a week. Now, i'll go help myself to a FREE coffee! Our office recently got a free coffee machine and let me tell you...it's been working hard!! Our department has been waiting for a free coffee machine forever! (Apparently we have one that has been sitting in storage for over a year while the powers that be decide who will pay for what...so it still sits there. lol) The line ups to use this machine have been long and funny to see. Hey, I sit by the kitchen so I can hear the excitement. haha Other departments have had one. Mind you, this one wasn't put there for us really. We had a few people move to our floor that already had a machine so it moved with them. Oh boy...you put a free coffee machine in a kitchen used by over 100 people and VOILA! You're gonna run out of coffee beans and milk in no time...just like this little note says that was posted on the machine by the second day. So, we'll see how long we get use of the machine for. When the managers start getting the bill for the supplies..It will be interesting. In the meantime, we'll all get our lesson on how to use the machine to make coffee, cafe latte, cappuccino, mochaccino, hot chocolate...and probably some other hot drinks I forgot. As you can tell, I've already had my own lesson. It really is just the push of a few buttons but with some people you'd think it was something more difficult. :) Oh, and notice the supply of Tea's too. Woo Hoo!

Time to hit the kitchen....It's Tea Time!!
Twinings-Preparing Tea
  Happy Hump Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...